Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Umit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
Hi,

I would like to investigate some apps and their queries. Do you know some tools that i can see them?

eg, MyApp.app, query -> "domain.com/search?id=123"

how can see these kind of records? any log file? any tool?

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
I don't know if theres any phone tool you can do that with, but you could always use a packet sniffer like wireshark.

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
On jailbroken devices, you CAN capture network traffic, directly on the device AND in PCAP format, by installing an application called "Pirni" from the Cydia store. It's a command-line application, so a terminal application (i.e. Prompt) is required.

For information on usage, i suggest entering "Pirni" at the command-line, followed by an <enter>.

After the capture, you can transfer the PCAP file to any computer (using an SSH client), running wireshark, to analyze the data. Alternatively, you can upload it directly from your device, to cloudshark.org, BUT... in order to do this, you need to have the "safari upload enabler" installed. You can find it in the Cydia store.

As of iOS 5 one can also use a 'Remote Virtual Interface' for packet tracing.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#qa/qa1176/_index.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.