Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
well yesterday apple gave me a return shipping label so i could return my imac.

i had to take out the extra ram that i put in but the black tabs were so hard to pull out so i used pliers on them . i accidentally ripped one of the black tabs :(

but i packaged and sent it off yesterday..

im sure a lot of other people accidentally ripped the tab too

they pretty nice though, they gave me a free trackpad because i meant to get that one but i ordered the magic mouse and they shipped me the trackpad for free and i got to keep magic mouse too

i just dont know if they would refund me since i ripped the black tab in the imac ram hole . what do you guys think

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
I have a feeling you'll be ok. They'll replace that part when it goes through the refurbished process or something, and it'll then get a new home with someone else.

Sep 10, 2012
they pretty nice though, they gave me a free trackpad because i meant to get that one but i ordered the magic mouse and they shipped me the trackpad for free and i got to keep magic mouse too

... do you mean they accidentally sent you the Magic Mouse instead of the trackpad. Then you called up to tell them this and they ended up sending you out a trackpad but let you also keep the Magic Mouse?

If I'm wrong, please let me know. Cheers.

And I'm sure you'll be ok with regards to the damaged iMac ...

El Awesome

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2012
Zurich
I once dropped my iphone, and afterwards I had a smashed screen, powerbutton didn't work anymore and the antenna gave up.
I simply called Apple Care, only mentioned that my Antenna gave up (nothing about the drop), they sent me a new iPhone and I sent my damaged one back to them. Never heard anything about that iPhone again.

What I want to say: Apple Service is very generous, that's all I can say after a few experiences.

mbpkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2011
ok yay well that makes me feel better

and about the mouse, i ordered the mouse and then 2 weeks later i called and said i want trackpad. they sent me a trackpad and said i can keep the magic mouse too since it would be too complicated to exchange because the mouse i got came bundled with imac,keyboard, mouse

and yup they are very generous

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
yep. I think they are pretty generous as well... of course it all depends on who you get.

I've had nothing but incredible experiences with Applecare support and service. The two times my Imac has needed repair they had it back to me within 48 hours! And that included door to door pickup and delivery. That's Japan though. Don't know about other countries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.