Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:27 PM   #1
macmee
macrumors 6502

Massive problem with submitting apps to the Mac App Store

About a year ago a friend added my apple account to his iOS developer program so I could login to iTunes Connect.

Today a year later for a project completely unrelated to my previous friend and unreleated to iOS, I purchased the Mac App developing program thing so I can submit an app to the Mac App Store.

I login to iTunes Connect and it says "Welcome Tom" (my name is David, Tom is the name of my old friend from a year ago) and then it says my iOS license has expired. I ignored all this and hit "add new app" however it just assumes I want to create an iOS app and doesn't even give me the option to create a new OS X app.

Anyone know if there's a way to completely deattach myself from my old friend from a year ago and his account, and make it so I can just make a new OS X app? I did pay the $100 dollars
macmee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:08 AM   #2
AxiomaticRubric
macrumors member

You'll probably need to contact Apple Customer Support. They should be able to reassign your Apple ID to the developer account you just created.
AxiomaticRubric is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:39 AM   #3
allegrocm
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to allegrocm
I've had a very similar problem. Had a previous iOS developer license, then started a company and wanted to do mac app store development, but when logging into iTunes connect, only expired IOS stuff showed up. Apple support was actually unable to help me. The workaround was to use the appleID we had created for our startup company and connect it to my developer account. So when I go to deveoper.apple.com, I just log in as my company now. Only difference I see is that our Mac App Store license was purchased on our company's developer account, so you might have to jump through a few more hoops. Good luck! I thought the situation was completely unacceptable, FWIW.

Ken
allegrocm is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming