Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BBQ BOY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
I was prompted to accept something through iTunes and I declined. Every time I went to do another task, I was prompted again and agian and again. I do not remember for the life of me what it was, BUT, now when I text my wife, I get another text from..."me". I'm getting text from her friends as well.
She is having the same issues too.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
I was prompted to accept something through iTunes and I declined. Every time I went to do another task, I was prompted again and agian and again. I do not remember for the life of me what it was, BUT, now when I text my wife, I get another text from..."me". I'm getting text from her friends as well.
She is having the same issues too.

Are these new phones? I have no clue, but could your SIMs be swapped? Sounds like the issue warrants a call to your provider or Apple.

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
If it's a text message issue, sounds like you need to talk to your carrier. If it's an iMessage issue, maybe we can help.

BBQ BOY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Not new phone. These are 2 year old iPhone 4's. It looks like they are iMessages.
Edit: I think I just figured it out. I went to Settings - general - message - send & receive. Apparently, I had about 4 phone numbers and email addresses selected.

Last edited:

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Not new phone. These are 2 year old iPhone 4's. It looks like they are iMessages.
Edit: I think I just figured it out. I went to Settings - general - message - send & receive. Apparently, I had about 4 phone numbers and email addresses selected.

That's definitely your problem. You should consider having all those numbers make individual iCloud accounts.

I have a feeling that you're all using the same iTunes account for App Purchases, so you won't buy it for each account. Well, you have have a separate iCloud account and an iTunes Account for App/iTunes Purchases.

BBQ BOY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
That's definitely your problem. You should consider having all those numbers make individual iCloud accounts.

I have a feeling that you're all using the same iTunes account for App Purchases, so you won't buy it for each account. Well, you have have a separate iCloud account and an iTunes Account for App/iTunes Purchases.

You are correct that we share the same iTunes account. The iCloud stuff is beginning to get a little more confusing but I will look into it.
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.