Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicksevier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I have a French orange livebox and need to extend the network due to weak signal around house. For this I chose airport express, having bought three to achieve this I am unable to extend the network. I can join the network, but when I try to extend network I am unable to do this.
This problem has been bugging me for a couple of years.
Is there a solution?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have a French orange livebox and need to extend the network due to weak signal around house. For this I chose airport express, having bought three to achieve this I am unable to extend the network. I can join the network, but when I try to extend network I am unable to do this.
This problem has been bugging me for a couple of years.
Is there a solution?

To extend both devices need to support WDS protocol. The Airport Express does support this, but from a little Google-fu I did it looks like the Livebox does not.

What you could do is buy two Expresses and setup the first one hard wired ethernet to the Livebox in bridge mode. Then you could use a second Express to extend from the first one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.