Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 21, 2009
If I the don't preorder ?

They will probably have some for the stores but I'm guessing there will be lines?

Do you think there will be enough and 2 weeks later I could just walk in & get one

Bestbuy
Apple
Target

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I tried today to get a black iPod touch in an Apple Store; or a red one. No way. Only crappy green or yellow.
So I would think preorder will ensure to get one iPad mini. Not sure how many they will make for launch day supply, too. I would assume a bit less compared to current iPad to see the real demand.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Tough to say. I thought I read somewhere that supplies were constrained for the 4th quarter. If that's the case, then I'm sure we'll see wait times of 3-4 weeks initially. Obviously we won't see iPhone 5-like demand for this though.

fubaracing7374

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
It all depends on how many they provide the Apple Stores for sales. I hope not but might have to preorder to guarantee I get a Mini.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Nope. I think it will flop. A year from now it will be quietly discontinued.

BLOND37

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008

They will probably have some for the stores but I'm guessing there will be lines?

Do you think there will be enough and 2 weeks later I could just walk in & get one

Bestbuy
Apple
Target

do you think Apple stores will have all models for walk-ins (on morning of 11/3)?

i didn't know BB and Target carried Apple items?

thoughts about pre ordering online on early morning of 11/3 and getting one morning of 11/3 at Apple?

i cant pre-order sooner..

basically if all the chatter is right i am asking without pre ordering how can i get one on 11/3?

henjin

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
Of course it will be sold out

Bestbuy
Apple
Target

Except unlike the Windows 8 RT Fiasco of pundits telling us that they will not sell out, then they only sold the non Touch cover proving no one wants to type using a tablet, then when all sold out and were from 3 weeks to 1 week delays pundits tell us that MS only had 5 of each for sale.

BUT when an Apple product sells out we are taking tens of millions.

Seriously, I can see these selling well as Apple has had a bad time beating Android in China because no one can afford Apple. So, a smaller iPad will sell well with poorer people in America...imagine poor people owning an Apple iPad?...and they will look good too. Also an iPad Mini will have Kindle and Prime Videos too...unlike Apple, Amazon does not care how they sell products.

Apple will make a fortune but lower profits, they lost my iPad3 which I returned today and I have no plan to buy any Apple iPad again...I already own a Nexus 7" with Jellybean which I prefer to iOS6 and it has the full Google Maps. I actually like iOS Apple maps but I live in NYC.

Yes, they will sell out...I suggest lining up now.

MrMacBookPro

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
FL
the price isn't bad for an entry level almost 8'' ipad.. I think people wll jump at the $329 price rather than paying $499 for the entry level larger ipad..

Its hard to say but pre ordering will kill the ipad from being in stock and readily available..

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Why is it with u ppl who gotta have the latest and u gotta have it now! Too stressful.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
It's not even announced yet and you're guessing on it being sold out?
Hahaha.

On a related note.
About a week after the ipad 3 was released I watched a woman return 8 unopened iPads to the Apple store. She must have figured she would ebay them.
Turns out Apple had plenty in stock.

Don't worry.
If you want one- Apple will have one and sell it to you.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I walked into our Apple store on iPhone 5 launch day at 11:50 AM and walked out with a phone at 12:05.

But was the phone you walked out with:

a) an iPhone 5
b) an iPhone 4s
or
c) the phone you walked in with? :p

OP - if you know for sure you want one, pre-order it. It's not like standing in line at the Apple store is so much fun you wouldn't want to miss your chance to do it.

guineapig

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
Italy
Nope. I think it will flop. A year from now it will be quietly discontinued.

Apple is lucky to have your rational capacity of judgement at their service!
They should pay you some cash for every word you say and then do the opposite! Oh wait...they already do the opposite!

You're so funny.

Will. You. Ever. Admit. You. Were. Wrong?

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Apple will make a fortune but lower profits, they lost my iPad3 which I returned today and I have no plan to buy any Apple iPad again...I already own a Nexus 7" with Jellybean which I prefer to iOS6 and it has the full Google Maps. I actually like iOS Apple maps but I live in NYC.

Yes, they will sell out...I suggest lining up now.

I think you would have fun taking your nexus into Apple store and compare it with the Ipad mini. Here is a few pictures that Apple shown in the Ipad mini launch this morning.. I wouldn't want to own any 7 inches tablet with 16:9 ratio for web surfing or wanting a good app experience after seeing those comparision. I think they compared android version of Yelp, tripadvisor and pandora to IOS version:

ipadmini_0580.jpg

ipadmini_0584.jpg

ipadmini_0587.jpg

ipadmini_0598.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.