Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:32 PM   #1
kaylsdenton
macrumors newbie

My iPod is stuck in recovery mode and won't restore

HELP D: I haven't had my iPod touch 4g black for even a year yet and it's already broken.... How do I fix it?? Well, I decided to try to Jailbreak it and searched some videos on YouTube til I found one that I thought might work, I downloaded LimeRa1n and set it all up, once it told me to restart my iPod, I did and the set up iTunes popped up on my iPod, I set it up to iTunes and it sais i had to restore it so I did, once I did that it was restoring then, a pop up popped up on iTunes saying, "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. The device cannot be found" I clicked ok and tryed to restore it again it has been doing the same thing, I've tryed at least 10 times.... PLEASE HELP ME, I'VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR AN ANWSER ALL DAY???
kaylsdenton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:49 PM   #2
cnev3
macrumors 6502

If it is less than a year old, than you should have one incident of free phone support for the device (as long as you havent already used it).

Call Apple.
cnev3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:51 PM   #3
blueroom
macrumors 603

Try a DFU restore and skip the jailbreak.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:57 PM   #4
iCantwait
macrumors 65816

Water Damage

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch