Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrenbolton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
So I've decided to stop using awesome notes after it deleting some of my files with its retarded googledrive synching. But it won't synch with my ipad or mac; though those two speak to each.

I have enabled notes on all devices, I have set up an icloud email address as it requests (why does it do this?!!?), I have clicked the tab in settings. They're all, in theory, synching notes from the same iCloud account.

But only the pad and mac are working with each other. Not my phone (which has all the notes on)

Any help?!?!

bloutrein

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Durban
I have set up an icloud email address as it requests (why does it do this?!!?)

I am not sure - good question - I also had to create an @me email address in order to access iCloud Notes sync.

But only the pad and mac are working with each other. Not my phone (which has all the notes on)

Any help?!?!

Only new notes (created after you set-up iCloud Notes sync) on your iPhone will get pushed to the iCloud. The old ones will remain on your iPhone only.

darrenbolton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I am not sure - good question - I also had to create an @me email address in order to access iCloud Notes sync.

Only new notes (created after you set-up iCloud Notes sync) on your iPhone will get pushed to the iCloud. The old ones will remain on your iPhone only.

Actually, this sorted itself out. Even though the default account option only allowed me to do iphone only, i turned it all off an don a few times (after doing nothing) and eventually the option came up to have icloud... did it, then cut and paste all my iPhone notes to icloud. So sorted now. Phew!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.