Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnitNurseC99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
I have an iPhone 4S, and I updated to the newest software. everything works fine except my video apps, such as you tube & abc player. I had to download the new YouTube app, and it works fine in the phone but I used to be able to connect my phone to my tv & watch... since the I updated the software, it won't show the video... only audio comes through. the video slide show from my photo album still works fine on the tv, but not the other apps. I tried deleting them an re-installing... but still no good. can anyone offer any help to me? thank you, nurse C

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Assuming you mean that you upgraded to iOS 6?

You Tube is no longer incorporated into iOS. You said that you've found the stand-alone app.

If you look at the user reviews for the ABC Player, you'll see that the last update was a bad one. I don't update any apps until I read the reviews first. Many updates I've opted not to install because they either break the app or remove features that I like. You may have to wait for the next ABC player update & hope that it fixes what's wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.