Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

berthenderson

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2012
Say for example, IF I had an Android virus or something on my phone, and I then uploaded the picture to Twitter/Facebook, and then accessed that picture and saved it to my iPad, could anything have gone on my iPad... or even a computer I accessed the picture on?

Or impossible?

Thanks.

terzinator

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
That is not possible.
Last edited by Intell; Yesterday at 11:22 AM.

OK, that might not be possible, but how was your response posted TODAY at 5:26 PM (to a post from six minutes before that) last edited YESTERDAY AT 11:22 AM?

That is not possible!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Oh okay, so viruses etc. don't work like that?

No, they don't. Viruses are computer programs, they need to get installed and run on a device to do any damage. Picture files usually do not contain viruses, and even if they did, they could not install and run on unjailbroken iOS devices, because only Apple approved apps can be installed and run on them. Android, on the other hand, is an open system, and any app or program can be installed and run there (well, they have to be written to run on Android), hence the proliferation of viruses on Android.

terzinator

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
And it strikes again! :D Congratulations, you're the 21st person to ask about it.

That it is. And I honestly think it's one of the better ones on MacRumors.

heh. Great sig. I guess I don't visit this place nearly enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.