Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miraishak

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
i have a question about placing/ deleting music on iphone: when i drag and drop a song into the "music" folder of my iphone 4 from itunes without placing it in a playlis. i usually find it on the phone in "songs" after clicking on teh "music icon" then if i delete teh song manually from the phone, and connect teh phone to the itunes, click on "music" folder of my phones that is apprearing in itues, i can still see the song on the phone. and i have todelete it from teh itunes for it to be completly deleted fromt eh phone. my question is, when i delete it from the phone and it is still left on teh phone (sinc ei can see it on teh phone from itunes) where on teh phone is it located and can it be accessed or not?

miraishak

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
i hope i can make it more clear:

I have a question about placing and deleting music on iphone:
yesterday i connected my iphone to itunes and i wanted to copy a song on it. I don't have playlists on the phone, so i just dragged and dropped the song into the "music" icon of my iphone4, which appears on the left menu under the phone name.
i then unplugged the phone from itunes, i clicked on the "music" icon on the phone and i found the song on the phone in "songs".
Then i manually deleted the song from the phone itself. when i connected the phone to itunes again, and clicked on "music" in the left menu under the phone name, i found that it still showed that the song was on the phone. However if i attempt to double click on it and play it, it doesn't play and shows "!", so i deleted it from the the itunes.
my question is that why did the song appear on the phone when i connected it to itunes, while i had already deleted it from the phone?
also, the fact that it wouldn't play when i double clicked on it means that it is not really there, so i got confused.

i have an iphone 4 running ios 6 and i have it set on "manually manage music on iphone"

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.