Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applefanboy5

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
If i go to Verizon to get a black iPhone 5 and i open it there and it ends up being scratched would they let me open another one? Thanks

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
If i go to Verizon to get a black iPhone 5 and i open it there and it ends up being scratched would they let me open another one? Thanks

I asked that same question at my local AT&T store when I bought my black 64G iPhone 5 and they said they'd bring out another one for me to inspect, Hopefully, your Verizon store will do the same. Good luck.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I'm sure they would. I did that very same thing with a blackberry tour I bought a few years back. They opened probably 5 boxes for me there in the store until I was happy. If they don't, just return it and go to a different store and try the same thing there.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Yes, one exchange. But the second one they won't open until they transferred your number and info to it.

Then you are stuck with that one even if it's worst then the first one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.