Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
A lot of people will, but I'm not the target demographic for a mini. My 3rd gen iPad suits me perfectly.

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
I had an original iPad and iPad 2 and both collected dust after the first week of novelty wore off. I'm definitely done with the iPad now. I have an iMac, MacBook Pro (Retina) and iPhone 5 that I prefer over an iPad.

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Had the first gen iPad. Just recently sold it as it wasn't on the upgrade path. Can't wait for the mini.

I've borrowed a Kindle Fire HD, which is not Apple Product, but gave me a good example of the size, and I really like that form factor.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
my ipad is collecting dust because it's too cumbersome. the ipad mini will be great!

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I'm thinking passing my iPad 2 to my son and get myself a Mini as companion to iPad 3 ... There are times for bigger and smaller screens ...
But let's see the details first; I'm not in hurry

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Depending on what's released, I will most likely for the wife.

We are looking at selling off the iphone for her and buying a regular handset instead. Then she can just use the mini for all the net (smartphone) related stuff and so forth.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Totally depends on the specs and price.

If they are good, I will preorder 2. If they aren't, I'll buy something else.

KimMelton661

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
ME!! The most I will pay is the rumored 329. If its anything over then I will buy a used iPad 2. I am so excited for tomorrow.

Random question - Where can we watch the keynote tomorrow?

Tingler

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2012
I will buy it if the price is right. If the price isn't right, I'll still buy it but will do it with a bad mood :D

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
I will buy it if the price is right. If the price isn't right, I'll still buy it but will do it with a bad mood :D

The price is mostly inconsequential to me, except for the matter of lower specs to meet a low price. If it's too "low end", then I'm not interested.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
I was actually ready to buy last month when the rumors were it would come out then. In fact I was excited about it. But now I don't think I'll be getting one.

First, if the prices being thrown about are correct I'm just not willing to pay over $300.

Second, I'm thinking someone will bring out a smaller Windows 8 tablet. I have an iPad (in fact I've had all versions, 1,2 and 3) and I'm looking at Windows 8 tablets. To be honest I want to have access to a file manager. I'm really tired of Dropbox etc. I have a huge library of recorded TV that I can't get on to my iPad. A windows 8 Pro tablet would fix that.

Third, I think someone will bring out a smaller Windows 8 tablet too. I would like a smaller one but it's not necessary.

I like my iPad. I use it every day but the limitations and workarounds are getting to be an issue.

So I guess I'm kind of glad it took an extra month for Apple to bring it out. Gave me time to think and try other options.

But then who knows, if they get it under $300 I might just pick one up for kicks. I can always give it to my grandkids if something else comes along next year.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
if it's retina, maybe

if they make it readable in direct sunlight, hell yeah

ME Nick

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Colorado
I am planning on buying a mini.
I had the iPad first gen, and sold it once the iPad 2 came out.
The size of the current iPad is great in some situations, but I want something more compact and less "Hey look at my giant tablet."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.