Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariotheotaku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Hello, I'm thinking on getting either and ipod nano 5th or and ipod video 5.5 gen. I can't seem to make up my mind on which one to get, they all have their pros and cons. I don't have much music (about 4gb) but what I do have is lots of SD videos and tv show seasons that can be played in the devices. here is what I like from the ipods:

Ipod nano 5th:
small size
radio with pause
lots of features
camera (might not use it that much)

DISLIKE
16GB cap limit
smaller screen size compared to the other ipod

Ipod video
bigger HD
can be modded and have rockbox installed
great external HD
bigger screen

DISLIKE
bigger size
might have to upgrade battery to get better bat. life

Have you guys had experiences with any of these ipods?

darcyjames

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Totally get the new iPod nano, mine just shipped on the 19th (silver) have an iPhone but the iPod is still very exciting!

mariotheotaku

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
I was thinking about that but to tell you the truth I'm kind of tired of the touch screen deals and I like the click wheel on the older ipods.

darcyjames

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I was thinking about that but to tell you the truth I'm kind of tired of the touch screen deals and I like the click wheel on the older ipods.

Hear that, BUT, what to do? I have a 30GB iPod video and now I treat it like the mona lisa and dont want to touch it...go with yur gut and pick one and dont look back:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.