Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:36 PM   #26
grahamcecil
macrumors newbie

Loss of flexible snooze is a MAJOR loss

Why oh why has BusyCal lost the option to set a snooze time other than the default? Having a default snooze time is absolutely no use at all. I may want to snooze an item for 15 minutes, a day, a week, two hours - but with BC2 I no longer have this option. Removing the ability to set the snooze time makes BusyCal no better than Apple's Calendar.
PLEASE Busymac reinstall the flexible snooze. I have forked out my $30, which is an exorbitant upgrade price anyway, and feel the new version is less functional than the old.
grahamcecil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:48 AM   #27
midnightbrewer
macrumors newbie

Why App Store only?

Going App Store only is their choice, not required. I wonder if the feature loss has to do with the new sandboxing or with changes in Google's or Apple's APIs. The changes in sync could also have to do with the programmers deciding that letting iCloud and Google do the heavy lifting made more sense (although it doesn't explain the loss of ability to publish directly to Google).

The only real new feature seems to be that they ripped off Fantastical and made it a feature of their own software. Perhaps with the time they're saving not writing new features for BusyCal they could work on creating a second, self-hosted version that allows for the user upgrade path. Many developers do.
midnightbrewer is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:54 AM   #28
MrElvey
macrumors newbie

The good and the bad

Old thread I know, but the good news is it's no longer MAS (Mac App Store) - only. And BusyCal has its own alert window again.

It's actually Calendar's ML Notification Centre that drove me to download BusyCal for the first time last week. It's so good to be able to actually see the whole name of the event, and decide how long to snooze for again. I'm trying it out.

A couple issues I'm having

1)The Trial is INCREDIBLY annoying - It's gonna expire in 2x days, OK. But do I have to get a pop-up maybe twenty times a day telling me that? WTF?

2)Constant annoying alerts after I use snooze:
Quote:
The following events could not be stored to the server.
"The Truth About Protein" -- need-privileges
I understand it, but now can I turn it off?
I have lots and lots of events from facebook, and this error will occur with every one of them every time I try to snooze it.
Ideally, snooze should work anyway. OK would be not allowing snooze for such events. Something would be allowing me to disable such warnings.

Come to think of it, I think snooze does still work, actually. So all I really need is an option to disable these warnings.
There's a similar one - the italicized bit is different:
Quote:
The following events could not be stored to the server.
"Potluck? (Every 3rd Th of the month)" -- Event modified on server
We'll see what support@busy... has to say...
MrElvey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:57 PM   #29
MrElvey
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrElvey View Post
We'll see what support@busy... has to say...
I did not hear back regarding the email I sent 8 days ago:

Subject: Snooze problems - BusyCal-Elvey
Date: Friday, January 18, 2013 10:14 AM

I've emailed 'em again.

Also, I've noticed that the Smart Filter "Remember visible calendars" setting doesn't work. I have 39 calendars. Sometimes I just want to look at the contents of one or two calendars. It seems that when I want to do that, I have to click in 37 checkboxes to hide all but the two I want to look at.

Last edited by MrElvey; Jan 26, 2013 at 03:03 PM.
MrElvey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store