Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
friends
i was going through the post of the peoples and found that we can improve the battery life by switching off the LTE on the phone, i am using iphone 5 64GB white version and my carrier is providing 3G only, then i searched how to switch off the LTE on phone and found that there is no LTE switch on my iphone.
please help me out
Thanks

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
It seems that the switch (Settings > General > Cellular > Enable LTE) isn't present on all phones.

Perhaps when the iPhone has never detected LTE as being available, it doesn't give you the option to disable it?

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
It seems that the switch (Settings > General > Cellular > Enable LTE) isn't present on all phones.

Perhaps when the iPhone has never detected LTE as being available, it doesn't give you the option to disable it?

you mean to say if the phone gets the LTE signal only then it will give me the option to disable it? as what i remember in iPhone 4 or 4s there is 3G switch present even if there is no 3g signal on the phone.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
you mean to say if the phone gets the LTE signal only then it will give me the option to disable it? as what i remember in iPhone 4 or 4s there is 3G switch present even if there is no 3g signal on the phone.

It's your carrier settings, nothing is wrong with your phone, they just don't have an LTE network around for you to connect to.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I only get 3G where I am currently and it's available for me.

Are you sure your service provider offers LTE? This menu is web driven and can be changed at the will of your carrier.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
and my carrier is providing 3G only

Your iPhone is programmed for the network it's supposed to work with. Since they have no LTE there's no reason to enable LTE in your phone.

It will take a software update to add the option, presumably one would be released whenever your carrier adds LTE to their network.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
my carrier only provides 3G there is no 4G LTE in India right now :mad: i hope my phone is perfect :confused:

As I said, that menu is carrier programmable. If you don't get LTE, there will be no LTE option in there. Just like hotspot option will only be available if you are able to use it. Carrier settings are basically like a webpage that the carrier can change at will.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.