Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Apparently made of aluminum and polycarbonate. seems like it may not cover the top and bottom, and it does seem a bit odd to protect an aluminum phone with another layer of scratchable aluminum, but still, really nice looking case.

71p42I90h5L._AA1500_.jpg

via amazon.

deaddog

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
Apparently made of aluminum and polycarbonate. seems like it may not cover the top and bottom, and it does seem a bit odd to protect an aluminum phone with another layer of scratchable aluminum, but still, really nice looking case.

71p42I90h5L._AA1500_.jpg

via amazon.
The black looks really nice. Can't wait to see some reviews on it.

wookiee2cu

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
And reviews if it interferes with the signal strength, there have been warnings of metal cases messing with the antennas.

Jizzles

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010

71p42I90h5L._AA1500_.jpg

via amazon.

I agree...more aluminum to protect aluminum...?? Does that mean I would apply full body protector to the phone AND the case? lol

satchow

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2011
I'm going to pair this aluminum aluminum phone protector with my glass glass screen shield.

kyellowness

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
mannn.. that is one sexxxxyyy looking case! Wish there were some actual reviews on it. Really considering getting one for my boyfriend but wondering about signal interference and of course.. those darn scratches..:rolleyes:

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Just put in my order for the Black version. Damn, this thing looks sleek. I have a Ghost Armor matte back and sides already on my ip5 so it will be interested to see how this fits.

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
ordered the Jean Indigo blue one...

i've owned numerous Elago cases before (mostly the Slim S4 Fit 2 for my 4S), and totally loved them.

----------

Yeah, really garish.

:rolleyes:

right? it's pretty subtle and classy imo.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Got my black one in today.

In short: it's awesome. Beautiful feel to the plastic (kind of a satiny soft touch), and the aluminum panel feels nice (and looks to have a pretty durable finish). It's also got a very fine pebble texture, such that it feels smooth, but doesn't leave fingerprints. Fit is perfect. Snug and everything snaps in wonderfully. I don't think it would work well if you had any skins on the back and sides...the fit is too perfect to take that extra thickness.

Nice surprise: While the whole screen surface is visible, the side do come up very slightly past the screen, so it looks like it's a flush case, but if you set it screen down, you won't be putting it on the screen (still, the clearance is small, so don't set it down on anything except smooth table surfaces face down).

If anyone was concerned about the metal on the back, there appears to be absolutely zero affect to signal (field test showed absolutely zero change in signal in or out of the case, and wifi is also not affected, since the metal doesn't cover the windows.)

Overall, it's the finest snap case I've used.

Last edited:

solace

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2006
Got my black one in today.

In short: it's awesome. Beautiful feel to the plastic (kind of a satiny soft touch), and the aluminum panel feels nice (and looks to have a pretty durable finish). It's also got a very fine pebble texture, such that it feels smooth, but doesn't leave fingerprints. Fit is perfect. Snug and everything snaps in wonderfully. I don't think it would work well if you had any skins on the back and sides...the fit is too perfect to take that extra thickness.

Nice surprise: While the whole screen surface is visible, the side do come up very slightly past the screen, so it looks like it's a flush case, but if you set it screen down, you won't be putting it on the screen (still, the clearance is small, so don't set it down on anything except smooth table surfaces face down).

If anyone was concerned about the metal on the back, there appears to be absolutely zero affect to signal (field test showed absolutely zero change in signal in or out of the case, and wifi is also not affected, since the metal doesn't cover the windows.)

Overall, it's the finest snap case I've used.

this makes me insanely happy, thank you :)

could you post a few photos possibly? i don't think mine will arrive this week (if shipping estimate is correct)

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
this makes me insanely happy, thank you :)

could you post a few photos possibly? i don't think mine will arrive this week (if shipping estimate is correct)

+1. I am waiting for mine as well. I have GA matte skins on sides and back so it will be interesting to see if I can get the case on/off without ruining the application. Worse comes to worse, I can pay 5 bucks to have the GA reapplied if I want them instead of the case.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Damn, I just got the Ringke Slim too....

I'll prob wait till they sell it through Amazon for free shipping.

AppleZombie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
SoCal
Just placed an order for this case with the opening for the Apple logo. This should hold me down until the Lifeproof become available.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
How is the feel of the aluminum part? My decision will be based on your reply :D

The aluminum feels very similar to the back of the naked phone, which is nice. It's a slightly more matte texture visibly, but I don't feel a big difference with my fingers. It really makes the case feel good.

Hustler

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
Looks great to me.
Does the side of the case (where you would hold it if you we're just holding it one handed and typing for instance) have a slick kind of surface to it or is it kind of a tactile feel for some grip?
Thanks
Brad

AlvinNguyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Also got mine in - looks and feels great. The only thing I will try out is the Powersupport one but this seems more solid and has a lay on the table design which is amazing because I love the flash notifications.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    609.5 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    612.8 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    654.5 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    623.1 KB · Views: 602

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks for the post, I was looking for a nice case. I bought incipio feather case, but its looking worn and its only plastic, so wanted to replace it with a similar but nicer looking and this seems to fit the bill.

I ordered a black one. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.