Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
I'm away from my computer with a photo opportunity, and my phone tells me that there isn't enough space to take photos.

I could start deleting songs or apps or whatever then go home. But what I'd like to do is what I do at home when there isn't enough space to delete an app - and that is to temporarily not sync songs. Then check the box to sync them again. Or in this case, backup and restore when my "Other" memory got big.

I want to recover all of my settings and songs and everything when I get back to my Mac - but have space to take my photos now.

What is the quickest way to do this?

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
It's simple on iOS6.

Load all of the songs that you will be using on your iPhone into a playlist (you can break them up into several) and sync the playlist(s) to your iPhone.

When you are needing more storage "on the go" just open up the playlist menu on the Music app and swipe over the playlist that you want to delete with a right-to-left swipe. This will allow you to delete that complete playlist and all of the tracks contained within.

Now you can feel free to use that extra storage space to your liking.

When you get home just resync that playlist to your iPhone after offloading all your photos/videos.

As far as clearing the "Other" space while on the road the only things I can think of is deleting the Safari cache files, clearing out your text messages, and the emails that have been downloaded to the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.