Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:52 PM   #26
jacobss
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Netherlands
iTunes 11 was only thing I was excited about and expected to see it today, didn't happen
jacobss is offline   4
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:05 PM   #27
bige12
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
I have not seen the ibook update in the app store, and I say iTunes could be out later today
bige12 is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:17 PM   #28
PBP
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Why would ibooks (ios) need iTunes
PBP is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:18 PM   #29
jontech
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige12 View Post
I have not seen the ibook update in the app store, and I say iTunes could be out later today
i books author 2.0 came out just now, so I imagine they are rolling all updates out
__________________
Psalm 91
jontech is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:38 PM   #30
skysailing
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Why can't Apple just release the damn thing.
skysailing is offline   13
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:02 PM   #31
pjarvi
macrumors 65816
 
pjarvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Round Lake, IL
The sooner the better, 10.7 is completely broken, I get an unusable framerate with any video played.

3.4Ghz CPU
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Win8 64-bit Release Preview (10.6.3 worked perfectly fine)

Definitely not a problem with my hardware specs, tried formatting and doing a full reload of the OS from scratch, but still no joy. A lot of discussions over on the Apple site with no solution (disabling Direct3D acceleration doesn't fix it, and the video play fine in QuickTime).
__________________
"Monkey see, monkey do."
pjarvi is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:06 PM   #32
C.Kowalski
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vienna, AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjarvi View Post
The sooner the better, 10.7 is completely broken, I get an unusable framerate with any video played.

3.4Ghz CPU
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Win8 64-bit Release Preview (10.6.3 worked perfectly fine)

Definitely not a problem with my hardware specs, tried formatting and doing a full reload of the OS from scratch, but still no joy. A lot of discussions over on the Apple site with no solution (disabling Direct3D acceleration doesn't fix it, and the video play fine in QuickTime).
Although I don't know the quality of Microsoft's preview releases, it might have something to do with you using an evaluation copy of Windows 8 which might be not as stable as the RTM release. Have you tried it on Windows 7?

Besides that, Apple, release that iTunes! NOW! I'm off for Prague in a couple of hours and there won't be a lot of internet I guess and I don't want to use crappy iTunes 10. Come on!
C.Kowalski is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:13 PM   #33
towg
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cardiff
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Kowalski View Post
Although I don't know the quality of Microsoft's preview releases, it might have something to do with you using an evaluation copy of Windows 8 which might be not as stable as the RTM release. Have you tried it on Windows 7?

Besides that, Apple, release that iTunes! NOW! I'm off for Prague in a couple of hours and there won't be a lot of internet I guess and I don't want to use crappy iTunes 10. Come on!
Tell Tim I'm going to kill a puppy on the hour every hour I have to wait for it...
towg is offline   5
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:20 PM   #34
C.Kowalski
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vienna, AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by towg View Post
Tell Tim I'm going to kill a puppy on the hour every hour I have to wait for it...
Kinda obsessed... I'm in!
Get it up, Apple, else...
C.Kowalski is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:23 PM   #35
kidintown
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
they just released an update for final cut pro and other stuff, i'm sooo hoping for iTunes..give it to me apple...i don't wanna care about a fuggin' final cut update tonight!
kidintown is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:37 PM   #36
C.Kowalski
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vienna, AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidintown View Post
they just released an update for final cut pro and other stuff, i'm sooo hoping for iTunes..give it to me apple...i don't wanna care about a fuggin' final cut update tonight!
You made my heart bump when I read "Apple just released an update for". Then it went all down and I got mad. Ugh...
C.Kowalski is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:44 PM   #37
CKohkah
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Being that the iBooks 3.0 update wasn't pushed out yet today, I'm sure if it does iTunes 11 will get sent out around the same time. Its only 2:30pm in Cupertino, lots of time before everyone goes home today...
CKohkah is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:47 PM   #38
kidintown
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Kowalski View Post
You made my heart bump when I read "Apple just released an update for". Then it went all down and I got mad. Ugh...
i'm sorry. i'm so excited for itunes..need it now
and i see we are living in the same city..vienna
kidintown is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:50 PM   #39
iBug2
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Tbh seeing the FCP X update, that's far more important than iTunes 11, which I'm still expecting today. But damn, they actually added native RED support, that was basically the last missing feature. This app became something quite good in 1.5 years.
__________________
MP Hex D700 32GB-1TB, rMBP 2.7 15" 16GB, ATD, iPhone 4S, iPad Air
iBug2 is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:55 PM   #40
C.Kowalski
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vienna, AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidintown View Post
i'm sorry. i'm so excited for itunes..need it now
and i see we are living in the same city..vienna
As long as it's the original Vienna in Austria, well hello! Where're you from? I'm currently in Simmering - the south-eastern edge of Vienna. Otherwise, cheers to all those Viennas in the U.S.

I never used FCPX that lot. I once tried it but it wasn't as good as Premiere that I'm used to... Anyway, why is it that hard for Apple to just flip a trigger let people download iTunes 11 (at least via MAS)? They don't even have to change their web templates which I assume are already ready to be changed!

(by the way, it's 23:55 here in Europe!)
C.Kowalski is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:05 PM   #41
kidintown
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Kowalski View Post
As long as it's the original Vienna in Austria, well hello! Where're you from? I'm currently in Simmering - the south-eastern edge of Vienna. Otherwise, cheers to all those Viennas in the U.S.

I never used FCPX that lot. I once tried it but it wasn't as good as Premiere that I'm used to... Anyway, why is it that hard for Apple to just flip a trigger let people download iTunes 11 (at least via MAS)? They don't even have to change their web templates which I assume are already ready to be changed!

(by the way, it's 23:55 here in Europe!)
yeah i mean vienna in austria...i'm from neubau

and i need the new itunes now -.-
kidintown is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:27 PM   #42
C.Kowalski
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vienna, AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidintown View Post
yeah i mean vienna in austria...i'm from neubau

and i need the new itunes now -.-
No news so far, are there? If this isn't changing it seems that I'll have to leave Austria with crappy iTunes 10. I'm gonna go sleep in about half an hour! Damn you, time zones!
C.Kowalski is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:30 PM   #43
Tyler23
macrumors 601
 
Tyler23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
They haven't released new iBooks (which they said they'd do today) so I have faith that they're looking to pop that and iTunes 11 around the same time.

If not, we have a week to wait at most, but I really hope it's today..
Tyler23 is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:30 PM   #44
kidintown
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Kowalski View Post
No news so far, are there? If this isn't changing it seems that I'll have to leave Austria with crappy iTunes 10. I'm gonna go sleep in about half an hour! Damn you, time zones!
i'm always up late so i hope it will be up in the next hours! but right now..no news but ibooks isn't still updated in the itunes store!
kidintown is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:34 PM   #45
towg
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cardiff
Anyone got Tim Cooks email address?
towg is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:35 PM   #46
kidintown
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
tcook@apple.com
kidintown is offline   1
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:45 PM   #47
ThE.MeSsEnGeR
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Zgharta, Lebanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobss View Post
iTunes 11 was only thing I was excited about and expected to see it today, didn't happen
and I thought that I was the only one feeling disappointed about the same thing while Apple released/refreshed 5 different products!
ThE.MeSsEnGeR is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:48 PM   #48
Lvivske
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
As cool as that stuff was, I'm not buying any of it. iTunes, I use on a daily basis, all day long - and have been pining for a refresh since iTunes 8 only to be disappointed year after year. They *finally* announce the top down refresh I've been dreaming of, and get left out to dry...
Lvivske is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:50 PM   #49
urkel
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Considering that we've been teased that iTunes would get a major overhaul then it doesn't seem good that it was completely ignored because maybe it's just a small facelift and nothing more. And that's a shame because iTunes desperately needs some major attention.
urkel is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:53 PM   #50
kidintown
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
i'm sure we're getting it today...they haven't talked about it because they did at the keynote last month. iBooks update is not even out yet. we'll see!
kidintown is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
ios 6, ios6, itunes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After Software Update my iTunes has disappeared? alstemp Mac Basics and Help 2 Nov 16, 2013 06:25 PM
Where is the update to iWork? [Merged] skaertus Mac Applications and Mac App Store 140 Nov 10, 2013 08:26 PM
Wifi Software update vs. iTunes update pixpixpix iOS 7 0 Sep 19, 2013 12:27 AM
iPhone: Jailbreakers Should Update to iOS 6.1 Using iTunes, Not Using OTA Software Update! Applejuiced Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 142 Feb 5, 2013 10:15 AM
Software Update won't update Safari, iTunes, possibly others NathanA OS X 19 Nov 30, 2012 01:25 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC