Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:26 AM   #26
jimbo1mcm
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Basic Silicone Case

Wanted something with a little grip, but not heavy. I am not concerned with the front of the mini.

Sort by: popularity | lowest price | highest price


Black Silicone Skin Case For Apple iPad Mini
$15.99
Sale Price: $7.99

Qty:


From Cellphoneshop.net
jimbo1mcm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:28 PM   #27
TedM
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
your poetic will have some cases available soon!
__________________
http://www.yourpoetic.com/
TedM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:04 PM   #28
lokiju
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Forgive me if this has since been posted since this morning when I read through everything.

Found on Slickdeals.net a decent amazon deal.

Got a TPU case for $7.95 shipped and looks like it should be delivered by or before my preorder.

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5381972-iP...-on-Amazon-com

This looks exactly like a TPU case I got for my iPad 2 when it first came out that gave better grip and protection to the back of it long enough for better case options to come out at more reasonable cost.
lokiju is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:14 PM   #29
shenan1982
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post
Any Smart Feather type ones that work with the Smart Cover. This was my favorite.
I agree 100% ... this case is fantastic. I'm sure Incipio will come out with it, but my guess is it'll be a while
shenan1982 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:25 PM   #30
Tikatika
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenan1982 View Post
I agree 100% ... this case is fantastic. I'm sure Incipio will come out with it, but my guess is it'll be a while
It's my favorite also. But, the mini Smart Cover is different at the hinge so there would have to be a redesign. I've sent Incipio an inquiry email. I'll post when/if I hear back.
Tikatika is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:36 PM   #31
Roy Hobbs
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikatika View Post
It's my favorite also. But, the mini Smart Cover is different at the hinge so there would have to be a redesign. I've sent Incipio an inquiry email. I'll post when/if I hear back.
I emailed them on Wednesday. The response I got was they "might" have a mini version of the smart cover. They are waiting to have a smart cover in hand to make sure it's possible.
Roy Hobbs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:48 PM   #32
ntnwwnet
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I got my white iPad mini pre-order in and immediately went to Amazon to look for some cool cases. Here are some I found:

Almost all of them have Prime shipping too, so they should get here before the iPad mini.

-----

Kensington Protective Back Cover for iPad Mini in Polycarbonate, Black: http://amzn.to/SndulW

Kensington Protective Back Cover for iPad Mini in Polycarbonate, Smoke: http://amzn.to/S1AUuK

Bear Motion Genuine Leather Case for iPad Mini: http://amzn.to/QKtEEy

Bear Motion Premium Folio Case for iPad Mini: http://amzn.to/SdUlnj

KHOMO Black Case for Apple iPad Mini: http://amzn.to/SdUqqY

i-Blason Super Cushion Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover Pouch for Apple iPad Mini: http://amzn.to/XuV9FE

Photive Folio Snap Case for iPad Mini (many colours): http://amzn.to/WONrYp

XtremeGuard Apple iPad Mini Screen Protector: http://amzn.to/TKJUDZ

Ionic Hybrid Leather Case Cover with stand for iPad Mini: http://amzn.to/TkMCUp

KaysCase Slim Soft Gel Smart Cover Compatible Back Cover Case for iPad Mini: http://amzn.to/U2ppmo

-----

Your thoughts?

Last edited by ntnwwnet; Oct 26, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
ntnwwnet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:49 PM   #33
jedolley
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
I went with this clear shell case from eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Apple-iP...&forceRpt=true

It should be here before my iPad so that I will have protection from day one. Then I can wait and see what comes out for the mini. I'm thinking that I may want a folio style case as long as it does not add too much bulk or weight. The "Epicarp" case from iLuv looks like something along the lines of what I am thinking of, but will need to either see it in person or more pics to be sure.

http://www.iluv.com/product_list.asp...&code1=C010506

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntnwwnet View Post
KHOMO Black Case for Apple iPad Mini: http://amzn.to/SdUqqY

-----

Your thoughts?
The price of the Khomo case is low enough that it's worth the risk to try it out.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:33 PM   #34
Tikatika
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
I emailed them on Wednesday. The response I got was they "might" have a mini version of the smart cover. They are waiting to have a smart cover in hand to make sure it's possible.
Hmmmm, I just received the following response. "Thank you for your inquiry. We will be happy to pass your interest on to the product development team, but at this time have no confirmed plans for the iPad mini Smart feather."
Tikatika is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:28 PM   #35
bigboar
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
I bought this one for $4.99 shipped with delivery before the mini as a temporary solution until i can find one i actually want...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200837915937...84.m1439.l2649

and a screen protector for $2.49 too...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Film-Cov...ht_2458wt_1397

once I can have more of a choice these will be getting replaced.....
__________________
Thanks for viewing my Signature!
bigboar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:02 PM   #36
redboxcar
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
M-Edge also has iPad mini cases. Only one available at the moment, though. I have two of their cases for Kindle - love them!

http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipadmini/index.psp
__________________
macbook pro | retina | late 2013 | 13" | 2.4 ghz i5 | 8gb ddr3 | 256gb
mac mini | mid 2010 | 2.4 ghz c2d | 8gb ddr3 | 320gb
iphone 6+ | 64gb | white/gold
ipad mini | retina | wifi | 16gb | white
redboxcar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:33 PM   #37
jedolley
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Marware has it's standard line of cases planned: http://www.marware.com/ipad-mini-cases

Macally also has some cases planned: http://www.macally.com/EN/?page_id=6708

Still looking for Switcheasy's lineup, but nothing on their site yet.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:04 PM   #38
james92se
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokiju View Post
Forgive me if this has since been posted since this morning when I read through everything.

Found on Slickdeals.net a decent amazon deal.

Got a TPU case for $7.95 shipped and looks like it should be delivered by or before my preorder.

http://m.slickdeals.net/f/5381972-iP...-on-Amazon-com

This looks exactly like a TPU case I got for my iPad 2 when it first came out that gave better grip and protection to the back of it long enough for better case options to come out at more reasonable cost.
Awesome!

I had $5 and some change in Discover cash back/bonus points (Amazon now lets you use that directly on your purchases which is awesome, I use it all the time), so I bought this case for $2.12 shipped!

I love just simple, clean, slim cases like the black BoxWave TPU case I just ordered. My all time favorite iPhone case to date is the cheap Diztronic iPhone 5 TPU case from Amazon, which I just recently discovered thanks to a thread on this forum.

I don't understand how people love all these gaudy cases on their iPhones and iPads. Most of the ones I find online and mentioned here are super tacky, but to each their own. Anyway, so thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to get it.
james92se is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:22 PM   #39
KingArthurVI
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN

I would love to get Dodocase (http://www.dodocase.com/collections/ipad-mini-cases) but they will only be available 3-4 weeks from now on. And since the mini is probably prone to scuffing like the iPhone 5, is it rational to wait them out or just get something else like Belkin?

__________________
15" MacBook Pro Retina mid-2012, 2.3 GHz, 8GB RAM baseline
iPhone 5s, 32GB space gray
iPad mini Wi-Fi, 16GB black
iPad (4th generation) Wi-Fi, 16GB black
KingArthurVI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:12 AM   #40
ntnwwnet
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
The price of the Khomo case is low enough that it's worth the risk to try it out.
I know, right? $8 has to be a typo.
ntnwwnet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:31 AM   #41
clumsythief83
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Anywhere I can find a thin back cover that is compatible with the smart cover?
clumsythief83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:57 AM   #42
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
I am getting one of these TPU covers to hold me over until I find something I really like. They come in multiple colors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i01
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:36 AM   #43
lokiju
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by james92se View Post
Awesome!

I had $5 and some change in Discover cash back/bonus points (Amazon now lets you use that directly on your purchases which is awesome, I use it all the time), so I bought this case for $2.12 shipped!

I love just simple, clean, slim cases like the black BoxWave TPU case I just ordered. My all time favorite iPhone case to date is the cheap Diztronic iPhone 5 TPU case from Amazon, which I just recently discovered thanks to a thread on this forum.

I don't understand how people love all these gaudy cases on their iPhones and iPads. Most of the ones I find online and mentioned here are super tacky, but to each their own. Anyway, so thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to get it.
Awesome. Glad to hear it helped out someone else! I got notification that the one I ordered shipped yesterday, so it looks to be on target to arrive before I get my iPad Mini, which is my desire. I want to protect it with something cheap like this until more options come out for it and then decide if I want anything else or not.
lokiju is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:37 PM   #44
lilcosco08
macrumors 65816
 
lilcosco08's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dayton
Not sure about the quality but looks nice for the price

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009UY4BZC/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
__________________
iPhone 4s 16gb- iPad Mini 32gb
Steam ID: lilcosco - 3DS FC: 1547-5234-4748
lilcosco08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:27 PM   #45
AdonisSMU
In Time-Out
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthurVI View Post
Image
I would love to get Dodocase (http://www.dodocase.com/collections/ipad-mini-cases) but they will only be available 3-4 weeks from now on. And since the mini is probably prone to scuffing like the iPhone 5, is it rational to wait them out or just get something else like Belkin?

Image
It has adhesive.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:10 PM   #46
AdonisSMU
In Time-Out
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikatika View Post
I love the look of the Portenzo Hardback. Very reasonably priced with all sorts of options. Here is a review of the case with the Nexus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUmzcTHJw88
How are they staying on the case.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:46 PM   #47
Ritzenhoff
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
zagg keyboard case

I really like the DODOcase, but being a student something with a keyboard would be nice on the days I don't want to schlep my mbp around with me. Has anyone ever used these guys before? I hate junky products
http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zagg...ard-case.php#7
Ritzenhoff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:47 PM   #48
Tikatika
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post
How are they staying on the case.
Two strips of 3M adhesive.
Tikatika is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:57 PM   #49
glen e
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikatika View Post
Two strips of 3M adhesive.
I have this type case ordered - I will mount a polycarb back to the case and then clip the ipad out and in...no adhesive for me...stay tuned....
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:29 PM   #50
AdonisSMU
In Time-Out
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikatika View Post
Two strips of 3M adhesive.
Ahhhh so does it leave the sticky on after you take ipad off? What if you want to use it in another case for awhile?
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini: if iPad Mini case works on iPad Mini 2 (Retina) ? engagemawu iPad Accessories 23 Nov 26, 2013 06:57 PM
iPad Mini: Will Tumi iPad mini case work for iPad mini retina? Noctilux.95 iPad 3 Nov 14, 2013 09:48 AM
iPad: Ipad air, Ipad mini retina and Ipad mini space grey photo thread gadget123 iPad 0 Nov 1, 2013 05:44 PM
iPad Mini: If iPad Mini Case works on iPad Mini with retina display ? engagemawu iPad Accessories 4 Oct 23, 2013 03:13 PM
iPad Mini: Case Crown iPad Mini Suede Sleeve/Case Anti-Lucifer iPad Accessories 0 Nov 23, 2012 04:55 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps