Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I just wonder if they are going to give the ipad3/4 the new metaless hinge snart cover...

Giuly

macrumors 68040
SGP has announced their GLAS.t and the Ultra Crystal/Ultra Fine/Ultra Optics screen protectors. As far as full body protector kits go, there's the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield, as well as four versions of the SGP IncredibleShield: The glossy Ultra Coat for the WiFi-only and LTE models, and the Ultra Matte for WiFi-only and LTE.

Otterbox announced the Defender for the iPad Mini:
apl2-imin1-20.jpg

Kavaj has announced two genuine leather cases (and offers a 15% discount on both with the code YX95HGH3 for the introduction on pre-orders): The "Berlin"
ipad-mini-berlin-cognac-03.jpg
kavaj-ipad-mini-case-berlin-black-07.jpg

and the "London":
kavaj-ipad-mini-case-london-cognac-03.jpg
kavaj-ipad-mini-case-london-black-07.jpg

Power Support Air Jacket - works with the Smart Cover. Also available without the cutout for the smart case.
81jhvFNXoOL._SL1500_.jpg

81HyzD7DB8L._SL1500_.jpg
81qufWNUJBL._SL1500_.jpg

There's now also a version of the Poetic Atmosphere available:
41gtzwiPecL._SS400_.jpg
3135389YwIL._SS400_.jpg

Photive came out with the SlimPad, basically a clone of the Smart Case but for the iPad Mini.
61FEV5htoAL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

Ginginca

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
I am waitting for the smart cover. what design it would be?

The smart cover looks like the one for the iPad ... just smaller. The hinge is different though. (Hopefully - I find it falls off easily). Available in a variety of colors.

Has anyone seen a folio style iPad mini case (covers front & back) and is a smart cover too?

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
The smart cover looks like the one for the iPad ... just smaller. The hinge is different though. (Hopefully - I find it falls off easily). Available in a variety of colors.

Has anyone seen a folio style iPad mini case (covers front & back) and is a smart cover too?

I had the speck fitfolio for ipad 2 and ipad3/4 and their great, the 3/4 was smart. Their making a mini but not out yet.

jcliden

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
San Diego
I hope Spigen comes out with their Incredible Shield series like they did for the iPads. Prefer a back protector because I'm probably gonna use the smart cover for the front anyway~

ame8199

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2011
I just ordered the marware microshell folio case for the mini. They are backordered already, not expecting delivery until mid/late November.

I have one for my fire and love it.

Ginginca

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011

The LGND looks nice - though it doesn't appear to have smart cover features. I'm looking specifically for that. It would be used in a classroom environment so I want to make sure the battery lasts as long as possible. It's not needed until December (in time for Christmas).

----------

I had the speck fitfolio for ipad 2 and ipad3/4 and their great, the 3/4 was smart. Their making a mini but not out yet.

Thanks for pointing that company out. I like what they have. (bookmarked it!) Good variety and colors too.

mikeoui

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2011
Québec City, QC, Canada
Smart Case?

We know Smart Covers are coming for the iPad mini, but do we know if there will be Smart Cases as well? I'd like the back protection. Forgive me if this was mentioned in the keynote; I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Ginginca

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
We know Smart Covers are coming for the iPad mini, but do we know if there will be Smart Cases as well? I'd like the back protection. Forgive me if this was mentioned in the keynote; I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

I watched it. (Thanks Apple for adding it to the Apple TV lineup).

They showed a smart cover. Pretty much the same as the smart cover we've all seen but with a redesigned hinge. However I find the current one falls off too easily, and doesn't cover the back. (Hoping perhaps the newly designed hinge addresses that it falls off easily).

Like you, I'm looking for a folio-style (front & back coverage), opens like a book, and has smart-cover technology.

Day to day use "on the go" for a student, the back would get easily scratched without rear-side coverage.

----------

I just looked more carefully at Apple's iPad accessories page and they mention both the iPad and the iPad mini in the Smart Cover section, but under Smart Cases it says "The iPad Smart Case covers your 9.7-inch iPad..." so it looks like a no to the mini having a Smart Case which is a real bummer.

Good point though hopefully they'll add it soon. If memory serves correct, the back cover for the iPad smart cover was released a bit later.

Ginginca

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
I love the look of the Portenzo Hardback. Very reasonably priced with all sorts of options. Here is a review of the case with the Nexus. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUmzcTHJw88

Thanks - yes looks like that one will have smartcover.

----------

Yes the Portenzo Hardback does for sure. http://shop.portenzo.com/hardback-for-ipad-mini/

THANKS! that one looks like my first choice so far. Great choice of colors (need it for my 12 yr old daughter - so it should be colorful) - PLUS I like the engraving option they have.

BUT I don't see how it holds up the device for FaceTime. So maybe not so perfect :(

GDI999

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Couple others case available for immediate shipping on Amazon

rooCASE Ultra-Slim (Black) Vegan Leather Folio Case for Apple iPad Mini 7.9-Inch Tablet (Built-in sleep / wake feature) Thinest Folio Case - 17mm $9.99 Free Prime Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Ultra-Slim-Leather-7-9-Inch-feature/dp/B008SJ4WI6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351236622&sr=8-1&keywords=B008SJ4WI6%2F

Ionic Hybrid Leather Case Cover with stand for New Apple iPad Mini 7.9 inch / the iPad Mini 7 Inch / built-in Stand for Apple iPad Mini 7.9 inch Latest Generation 4G LTE (Blue) $19.85 Free Prime Shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Leather-built--Latest-Generation/dp/B0093RFFK6/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1351236986&sr=8-15&keywords=ipad+mini+case

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Etsy is great. I found it odd that Waterfield (sfbags) didn't have any cases ready to go for the mini yet, but they do. It's not advertised on the main page, but they have all their cases up for pre-order to fit the mini.

Twelve South is also working on a mini case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.