Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Feb 1, 2013, 01:38 AM   #751
no3tic888
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
Was there an expo show special price for iPad mini and iPad with Retina Display? Thanks.
Do you mean for the cases? No special show price for them. Regular retail prices.
Mac mini i7 2.3GHz 16GB 1TB |
no3tic888 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 07:18 PM   #752
E3BK
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by no3tic888 View Post
Just got back from MacWorld/iWorld looking at the many iPad mini cases available. The one that caught my eye was the Moshi Versacover
I love my Versacover on my Mini. It replaces the cover buddy + Smart Cover that was always falling off. It's a great, thin case and looks great. The way it folds works great and looks cool. I love that it can be used in landscape & portrait!!
E3BK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:32 AM   #753
PittsDriver
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
I love my Versacover on my Mini. It replaces the cover buddy + Smart Cover that was always falling off. It's a great, thin case and looks great. The way it folds works great and looks cool. I love that it can be used in landscape & portrait!!
So funny. I had a Moshi Versacover on my iPad 3. When I sold my iPad for a Mini, the Versacover was a natural pick. While I was waiting I had a smart cover and Coverbuddy which I actually like, but I love the Moshi!

PittsDriver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:53 AM   #754
DarkAether
macrumors regular

The Smart Feather is now listed on Incipio's web site....
DarkAether is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 08:21 PM   #755
christof
macrumors 6502

At Macworld, I tried the Moshi VersaCover with 4th Generation iPad with Retina Display. Book mode is no good on this case: the front cloth face does not stick to the magnet on the back of the plastic back protector. The top triangle flapped back (away from the magnet) if I held by the bottom of the iPad, while the bottom triangle flapped back if I held by the top of the iPad.

I plan to stick with Invellop since I heard that Deviceware Bridgeway / The Union front face cover falls apart easily.
Mac LC, Performa600CD, Centris660av, PB3400c, iBook SE FW, TiBook Gbit, PB G4 12.1, MBA A, rMBP 13. iPod mini 1, shuffle 1, nano 1. VZ iPhone 4S/5/5S, iPad 4/mini. ATT iPhone 1/3G/4S/5/5S, iPad 1/2/3.
christof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:12 PM   #756
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAether View Post
The Smart Feather is now listed on Incipio's web site....
I saw that as well, but now there's one for 1.99 that does the same and provides more coverage. Incipio may have been just a little too late. Especially at 29.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140897374643...84.m1497.l2649
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:31 PM   #757
enigma2k
macrumors regular

Is there a backcover with a soft and grippy feeling similar to the nexus 7 tablet or kindle?
enigma2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 03:23 AM   #758
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by saporiti View Post
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a iPad Mini, and I need a case from day one otherwise it's not gonna be pretty

What I'm looking for:

- Folio (I mean, the ones that look like a Moleskine for example)
- Wake/Sleep Function
- Holds it self when closed
- Something not that thin, since it's going to be on my backpack and I really want it to be protected from other stuff
- 3 degrees stands
- Doesn't cost a fortune (40$ máx.)
Moshi Versacover?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsDriver View Post
So funny. I had a Moshi Versacover on my iPad 3. When I sold my iPad for a Mini, the Versacover was a natural pick. While I was waiting I had a smart cover and Coverbuddy which I actually like, but I love the Moshi!

Hey on the website there's one that looks tan but its listed as grey. Is that yours? I don't want a sand colored one.
rockyroad55 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:17 AM   #759
PittsDriver
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad55 View Post
Moshi Versacover?

----------

Hey on the website there's one that looks tan but its listed as grey. Is that yours? I don't want a sand colored one.
That is correct, this is the one:

http://www.moshimonde.com/product/ve...ipad-mini.aspx
PittsDriver is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 12:55 PM   #760
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Hmm now I have to choose between the navy and grey for my black mini
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:54 PM   #761
E3BK
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Hmm now I have to choose between the navy and grey for my black mini
I have the black mini w/ grey cover and it does look a tad tan-ish but i like the low profile look. I was also considering the blue one but I think it's denim which didn't seem too appealing to me. I do like the grey though if that helps.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by christof View Post
At Macworld, I tried the Moshi VersaCover with 4th Generation iPad with Retina Display. Book mode is no good on this case: the front cloth face does not stick to the magnet on the back of the plastic back protector. The top triangle flapped back (away from the magnet) if I held by the bottom of the iPad, while the bottom triangle flapped back if I held by the top of the iPad.
That's a bummer. I do have to say that I did not experience this problem w/ the mini Versacover. The triangles stayed in place and the magnet held well.
E3BK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:13 PM   #762
glen e
macrumors 68030

smartcover+alum icarbon strips and new red coverbuddy:
Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.

Last edited by annk; Feb 24, 2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Please use TIMG instead of IMG when posting large images
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 02:54 PM   #763
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:

Just bought it and shipped today! Can't wait. They really need to change the color on the website. It does not look grey whatsoever.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 04:22 PM   #764
paulie6978
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Just bought it and shipped today! Can't wait. They really need to change the color on the website. It does not look grey whatsoever.
does the moshi versacpver for ipad mini come with just the back piece or front adn back piece?

thanks
paulie6978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:11 PM   #765
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie6978 View Post
does the moshi versacpver for ipad mini come with just the back piece or front adn back piece?

thanks
Both back frosted cover and a front origami like Smart Cover.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:14 PM   #766
The Smyrk
macrumors member

Quote:
What color did you pick? I was wanting to know what the navy option with a black mini would look like since the images on moshi site aren't very flattering.
The Smyrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 08:21 PM   #767
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smyrk View Post
What color did you pick? I was wanting to know what the navy option with a black mini would look like since the images on moshi site aren't very flattering.
The grey one. There's some pics of the grey one on this/previous page of this thread.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:19 PM   #768
The Smyrk
macrumors member

Quote:
The grey one. There's some pics of the grey one on this/previous page of this thread.
But not navy
The Smyrk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:30 PM   #769
DarkAether
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyCloud View Post
I saw that as well, but now there's one for 1.99 that does the same and provides more coverage. Incipio may have been just a little too late. Especially at 29.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140897374643...84.m1497.l2649
So, um you just posted in another thread that you bought a similar 29.99 Belkin case - even after buying the 2.99 case, even after you said you've decided to go naked (obviously you had changed your mind on the need for more coverage at that point), even after you've gushed over the Coverbuddy. It's kind of hard to go with your opinion when you seem to change your mind and contradict yourself from post to post in different case threads.
DarkAether is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:16 PM   #770
HazyCloud
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAether View Post
So, um you just posted in another thread that you bought a similar 29.99 Belkin case - even after buying the 2.99 case, even after you said you've decided to go naked (obviously you had changed your mind on the need for more coverage at that point), even after you've gushed over the Coverbuddy. It's kind of hard to go with your opinion when you seem to change your mind and contradict yourself from post to post in different case threads.
Guilty as charged. I actually thought about exactly what you're saying today. I still love the CoverBuddy and did decide to go naked. My decision to go naked had nothing to do with the CoverBuddy or the cheapo eBay one I ordered, which I still haven't received yet. Going naked is great and I honestly don't want more protection, I just want to eliminate the fingerprints that are collecting on the back of my black iPad. (It's seriously driving me crazy.)

I only ordered the cheapo eBay one to check out the quality since it has been getting rave reviews on here. I honestly won't even use it since it's keeps the Smart Cover on which I don't like. I'll end up giving it away as soon as I get it.

I ordered the Belkin today since before trying the CoverBuddy, I really wanted to try it, but not with Belkin's shipping and tax making it over $40. Since I finally found it on Amazon for 29.99 with free shipping, I figured I've give it a shot since I've already tried the CoverBuddy and I just want a very simple back that allows me to remove the SC (and gets rid of fingerprints).

I stated that the Smart Feather is a little late since that eBay one now is getting so much attention around here and is priced considerably less. I wouldn't use either since like I said, I don't like the Smart Covers being connected with no way to easily remove them.

I only provide my experience I've had with covers that it may help with someone else's decision when ordering. I try to provide the best knowledge I've gained dealing with so many cases and covers, even though I'm very indecisive myself and can be contradicting as one day I love a "X" case, but the next I'm going naked. But since I can't seem to decide on one cover/case, I've tried a bunch and can give honest suggestions on each of them.

Speaking of indecisive, I've had 2 red Smart Covers, 2 dark gray, 1 blue and 1 green and I ended up sticking with a gray one. Will I stick with the Belkin once I receive it? I doubt it.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:31 PM   #771
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smyrk View Post
But not navy
YouTube!
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:53 AM   #772
guklein
macrumors 6502a

How about Knomo iPad Mini case? I know it is pricey, but is it good?

Thanks!
guklein is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:22 PM   #773
Giuly
macrumors 68040

Location: That depends whether you ask for timezone, state of mind or GPS coordinates.
Pad & Quill also make a really beautiful book case for the iPad Mini:
Thumb resize.Thumb resize.
Giuly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 09:30 PM   #774
danadana12
macrumors newbie

anyone have this case? does it fit well? will it protect the mini well?

http://www.amazon.com/Basketball-iPa...ic+Tablet+Case

thanks for any info
danadana12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:05 PM   #775
caravancgb
macrumors newbie

Geniune Yoobao Executive Case for iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
"He who shall not be named" has the Yoobao Executive case for the iPad mini listed on his site for $27.99. I figured there might be some people interested considering the history of this case for the other iPads.
if you want to make sure that you are going to get geniune yoobao cases in Australia, then i recommend you to buy from yoobao.com.au

Here is the link for Yoobao Executive Case for iPad mini

http://yoobao.com.au/shop/yoobao-exe...ni-case-black/

Thumb resize.
Thumb resize.

Last edited by annk; Feb 24, 2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Added timg tags, removed link shortener
caravancgb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories