Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Nov 22, 2002, 11:04 AM   #1
jrv3034
macrumors 6502a

Talking Aqua on PC... Sort of...

Hello, all! Just wanted to let you know that I don't have a Mac yet, but I'm sooooo itchin' to get one, that I couldn't help trying to make my desktop LOOK like it was running OSX. So I found this WinXP skin available for download:

http://www.andreys.com/themes_xp/

It did everything except for the wallpaper. To get that I had to go to CompUSA, get on a Mac, find the jpeg, and email it to myself. Then on Photoshop I made a mockup of the Dock (obviously it doesen't have magnification ).

So here it is! Let me know what you think. I know, the Dock isn't quite perfect, but hey, It'll tide me over untill I get a shiny new PowerMac next year
jrv3034 is offline   0
Old Nov 22, 2002, 12:37 PM   #2
mnkeybsness
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to mnkeybsness
there's actually quite a few mac skins out there for winblowz hexpee...i use style xp to put my skins on the pc...then add an auto-hiding quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen as a dock
Old Nov 22, 2002, 05:18 PM   #3
SilvorX
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to SilvorX Send a message via AIM to SilvorX
Quote:
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
there's actually quite a few mac skins out there for winblowz hexpee...i use style xp to put my skins on the pc...then add an auto-hiding quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen as a dock
what he said :P lol...
theres an app called "Y'z dock" or something like that which is a popular "dock-like" app on windows which looks similar to the OSX dock i think, its pretty popular with lots of people (mac loves and mac haters) i know, and themexp.org has lots of themes, some look quite a bit like real mac themes...
Old Nov 22, 2002, 05:41 PM   #4
FattyMembrane
macrumors 6502a

that's a pretty slick looking theme. do you have any larger screenshots? i'm always interested to see the extent to which people can tweak their systems.
FattyMembrane is offline   0
Old Nov 22, 2002, 05:52 PM   #5
Over Achiever
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Over Achiever Send a message via Yahoo to Over Achiever Send a message via Skype™ to Over Achiever
There's also ObjectDock which can be found here . I like it very much...i can also show your running tasks...not bad. It's still in beta, but development on it has very fast.

The same programmer also created ObjectBar, which can replace your windows taskbar with an apple like finder. I don't know how well it works, but it seems complimentary to the ObjectDock. Then there's WindowsFX which can do the genie effect...

There are a bunch of programs out there . Here's a screenshot of my desktop (taken a while ago...this is Y'z dock, I have objectdock now )
Old Nov 22, 2002, 06:34 PM   #6
Over Achiever
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Over Achiever Send a message via Yahoo to Over Achiever Send a message via Skype™ to Over Achiever
Ok, here's my desktop now. I use ObjectDock, Y'z Shadow, StyleXP with Iceman's Jaguar Brushed Blue, and Actual Windows Manager to minimize to system tray.

Oh btw, I'm using dual moniters...thats why it looks oblong

(I had to shrink it from 800 x 1200 to 400 x 600 for it to attach properly...some resolution is lost )

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion