Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
It is usually the ting that first goes out usually within a few years from what I've read a lot. Do you think with this new screen it'll be hard to get into?

CASLondon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2011
London
It is usually the ting that first goes out usually within a few years from what I've read a lot. Do you think with this new screen it'll be hard to get into?

Probably, because its likely they now assemble the glass and LCD together physically, whereas before the glass was attached with magnets. I'm sure its doable, because the things need to be serviced.

Keep an eye on iFixit.com, where they will do a teardown, and OWC, who are in the business of selling upgrades, to see what's involved.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I think it will be a lot harder than it is now. It will probably all be glued together with an industrial strength adhesive.

/V\acpower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Actually it depend on how the display is assembled with the Aluminium casing. If they use same kind of magnetic assembling that they used before, I guess it will be slightly easier to access, since now the glass and screen are one part, there is no worry about getting smudges dans dirt behind the glass. However, if its glued together, it will be a pain. However, I don't think they used glue, since it would also be a major pain for their repair service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.