Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
My friend decided it was smart to use his iPhone while his hands were covered with sand

Attachments

• IMG_0386.JPG
    IMG_0386.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 461

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
try taking on a straight shot... it won't look as bad with the light not hitting it at an angle. Every one's phone that isn't covered will have micro scratches on their glass.... unavoidable.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I love having my back scratched. Feels good. Especially when I have sunburn.

I don't see the problem.

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
Just normal wear and tear.

Take a light and look at the paint finish of your car it looks the same, then go to the dealer and look at the ones in the showroom, the paint will look like a mirror.

Yet if you take the issue up with a dealer on a week old car you are told to take a hike.

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
Just normal wear and tear.

Take a light and look at the paint finish of your car it looks the same, then go to the dealer and look at the ones in the showroom, the paint will look like a mirror.

Yet if you take the issue up with a dealer on a week old car you are told to take a hike.

My car has no swirl marks, thank you very much. I wax and polish it to keep the paint protected.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
My car has no swirl marks, thank you very much. I wax and polish it to keep the paint protected.

I guarantee if you don't wax it for 4 months and look at the paint you will see the same thing as in the picture. Now go ahead and wax it and check again. It will look brand new, that's the point of waxing and buffing a car.

Brettka7

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2011
Wrong. Wax doesn't remove scratches or swirls. It fills light swirls. To remove them you must use a light finishing polish, sometimes after a medium-heavy cutting compound. Then wipe down to remove oils and then wax. Just had to point that out :)

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
Wrong. Wax doesn't remove scratches or swirls. It fills light swirls. To remove them you must use a light finishing polish, sometimes after a medium-heavy cutting compound. Then wipe down to remove oils and then wax. Just had to point that out :)

The fresh wax finish on my car says other wise. Side note not talking about removing, talking about covering up.

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
Let me know how to porter cable an iPhone if you get around to it. :)

it's getting my friend to hold the phone steady that's the hard part. They don't like when I sling ADM polish all over them either... :D

Just take some of this with a microfiber cloth and rub the hell out of it, it will take car of the swirls.

97.jpg

Last edited:

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I just put a screen protector over the Apple logo on the back. It has given it a cool shadow effect around the edges.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 84
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.