Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:48 AM   #1
iphone joe
macrumors regular

Question Exchange iPad 3 for iPad 4

Some sites are reporting that if you purchased an iPad 3 less then 30 days ago the Apple store will allow you to exchange it for an iPad 4, Is this true?
iphone joe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:50 AM   #2
HowardSmith
Banned

Apple will refund your money during the first 30 days on any device so I would say, yes! You would be within your return window.
HowardSmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:51 AM   #3
iphone joe
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSmith View Post
Apple will refund your money during the first 30 days on any device so I would say, yes! You would be within your return window.
iPad refund is only 14 days.
iphone joe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:52 AM   #4
Menel
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone joe View Post
Some sites are reporting that if you purchased an iPad 3 less then 30 days ago the Apple store will allow you to exchange it for an iPad 4, Is this true?
Some sites, are reporting that a store is. Ask your store, not random people scattered around the internet.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:17 AM   #5
HowardSmith
Banned

Quote:
Oppps. Then the OP's fate would be at the hands of one of the Geeks. I would think they do not have such power as MANY would be wanting to return
HowardSmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:24 AM   #6
iphone joe
macrumors regular

Please, does anybody know?
iphone joe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:44 AM   #7
vish26
macrumors member

OK I dont know if someone of you here can confirm this. But I have just bought the iPad-3 here in India last Friday. Considering that iPad carries a International Warranty which means a iPad bought in part of the world holds the same value to Apple store as in Countries where Apple has its own stores. I would like to take advantage of this offer where Apple has said anybody who has bought the iPad-3 in the last 30 days they can get it upgraded to iPad-4. One of my Friend is Visiting the U.S in First week of November and I would still be under the 30 Day offer period. Can I get it exchanged from him ? Will Apple upgrade it for me ? Can somebody in the U.S please call up the Apple Number and find this information for me please.... I mean if someone could
vish26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Menel
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by vish26 View Post
OK I dont know if someone of you here can confirm this. But I have just bought the iPad-3 here in India last Friday. Considering that iPad carries a International Warranty which means a iPad bought in part of the world holds the same value to Apple store as in Countries where Apple has its own stores. I would like to take advantage of this offer where Apple has said anybody who has bought the iPad-3 in the last 30 days they can get it upgraded to iPad-4. One of my Friend is Visiting the U.S in First week of November and I would still be under the 30 Day offer period. Can I get it exchanged from him ? Will Apple upgrade it for me ? Can somebody in the U.S please call up the Apple Number and find this information for me please.... I mean if someone could
Apple did not say what you claim they said.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:26 PM   #9
vish26
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
Apple did not say what you claim they said.
So is it possible or not ? can I do it or not ?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:27 PM   #10
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

OP, call the store. It's the only way for you to be sure.
Yr Blues is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:41 PM   #11
vish26
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yr Blues View Post
OP, call the store. It's the only way for you to be sure.
I am right now in India !!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:45 PM   #12
Hjmoore420
macrumors newbie

Contact Apple

If you bought from Apple directly, their website, they have extended the return policy to 30 days. you can call them here: 800-275-2273
Hjmoore420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:12 PM   #13
vish26
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjmoore420 View Post
If you bought from Apple directly, their website, they have extended the return policy to 30 days. you can call them here: 800-275-2273
No I did not buy it from Apple directly. I bought it from one of their resellers in India.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:00 AM   #14
Bianchiboy
macrumors newbie

Ipad 3 exchange for ipad 4

I just went to my local Apple store and asked the manager, I have purchased 2 ipad3's one 30 Sept and one 6 Oct, he said they would exchange them no problem, he said they are not due for another week or so, he wrote on my receipts to say they would honour it and to come back after the release date.
I must say a lot of companies could learn a lot from Apples customer service, I cannot fault them in fact due to good experiences with them I have iMac, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads now.

Last edited by Bianchiboy; Oct 25, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
Bianchiboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:42 AM   #15
vish26
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianchiboy View Post
I just went to my local Apple store and asked the manager, I have purchased 2 ipad3's one 30 Sept and one 6 Oct, he said they would exchange them no problem, he said they are not due for another week or so, he wrote on my receipts to say they would honour it and to come back after the release date.
I must say a lot of companies could learn a lot from Apples customer service, I cannot fault them in fact due to good experiences with them I have iMac, 2 iPhones and 2 iPads now.

What store was it ? That really is surprising because I just called up the Apple Customer Service Number and I also called the Apple Fifth Avenue New York Store and none of those places said we are running any such offers that if you have bought your iPad in the last 30 days or so we will take it back and upgrade it to iPad-4 ! So what is it that you guys are reporting here ??
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:56 AM   #16
SR45
Banned

Quote:

Returns from Apples policy..... (USA policy only)

"We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from the Apple Store. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure that they’re designed and built to be just what you need. We understand, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that unlikely event, we invite you to review the following terms related to returning a product."

"For iPhone returns, you may return your undamaged iPhone with its included accessories within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. Here’s the important part: returning your iPhone may not automatically cancel or reset your wireless account; you are responsible for your wireless service agreement and for any applicable fees associated with your wireless account. Please contact your provider for more information."

"For any other product, simply return it with the original receipt (or gift receipt) and original packaging within 14 days of the date you receive the product. If the item is returned within this timeframe, we’ll exchange it or offer a refund based upon the original payment method. For returns to an Apple Retail Store for cash, cash equivalent, and check transactions over $750, Apple will mail a refund check to you within 10 business days. Please note the following:"
SR45 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:58 AM   #17
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Call the store you bought it from and ask them.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:18 AM   #18
Medic311
macrumors 65816

Quote:
no they haven't.

i just called yesterday, i am on my 20th day since i bought my iPad 3. they said no, they will not take it back. they told me a store wouldn't do it either.

despite what they say, i will be going to a store this evening
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:21 AM   #19
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Please, does anybody know?
Just call Apple. sheesh.
Quote:
Really? Then this should be on their site which it is not and therefore, I call BS. Sorry bud.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:28 AM   #20
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Just returned my iPad 3 yesterday. Was still closed in box (bought as Xmas gift) and was 15 days since I purchased. Was told, only because it was closed would they refund so I could get iPad 4 on Nov. 2. Apple policy is 14 days and if they sway from that then you are lucky. Just remember they have to resell all they get back.
firedept is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:34 AM   #21
kiddk1
macrumors regular

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/articl...paign=20121025
kiddk1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:44 AM   #22
Chargr
macrumors regular

what if one didnt buy the ipad at an apple store? can i still return it? I bought mines a month ago.
Chargr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:58 AM   #23
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargr View Post
what if one didnt buy the ipad at an apple store? can i still return it? I bought mines a month ago.
Call the store you purchased it from and ask them.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:06 PM   #24
zaxdude
macrumors regular

Many credit cards offer extended return protection that extends the return period essentially. Limits do apply so it may not be helpful. Check with your issuing bank -- meaning you will have to call them and ask. No one on here can speak for your issuing bank.
zaxdude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:56 PM   #25
Bianchiboy
macrumors newbie

I won't disclose the location of the store I went too other than its in Australia, I don't think there is any official policy on this and it will be at the discression of the store manager, I will post after I have gone back to confirm if they have honoured what he said.
My suggestion is go to your local store with your 3 in its box with everything and ask the manager politely, he is probably under no obligation after 14 days and will depend on how he sees things, to be honest my store will continue to get my business due to fantastic customer service, I bet Harvey Norman et al would not do this......
Good luck everybody
Bianchiboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad