Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Nov 22, 2002, 02:26 PM   #1
maclamb
macrumors 6502

Send a message via Yahoo to maclamb
Infoworld survey: Will Apple expand into enterprise

received this in email today:

========================================================
TECHNOLOGY & BUSINESS DAILY INFOWORLD.COM
========================================================

Friday, November 22, 2002

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Will Apple be able to successfully expand into the enterprise in the next five years? That's the question we asked in last week's InfoWorld Interactive. Here are your responses:

12.7%. A. Definitely

32.9%. B. Possibly

35.4%. C. Unlikely

16.5%. D. No

1.3%. E. Don't know
Old Nov 22, 2002, 02:40 PM   #2
lmalave
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to lmalave Send a message via MSN to lmalave Send a message via Yahoo to lmalave Send a message via Skype™ to lmalave
Interesting. Depends how they define success. Will Apple gain significant market share in the corp. world within the next 5 years? Maybe, maybe not. I think their success in the enterprise market will mirror what goes on in the consumer market. If in the next 5 years Apple can break above 10% market share, then you'll start to see companies buying Apple. Also, as I mentioned in another post, I think Apple's success on the corporate desktop will mirror the success of Linux on back-office servers, especially at tech companies. Engineers and scientists that work with Linux/Unix servers anyway will be attracted to an easy-to-use Unix machine that can also run MS Office apps.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion