Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmo1116

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Alabama
My friends decided to create a group mms and added me to it. Now everytime they send a message, I get an alert and I'm getting tired of it. I've even turned off "Group MMS" in the settings. Is there really no way to get out of a group message? Like I said, I turned off Group MMS yet I am still receiving messages. Any help would be great!

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
My friends decided to create a group mms and added me to it. Now everytime they send a message, I get an alert and I'm getting tired of it. I've even turned off "Group MMS" in the settings. Is there really no way to get out of a group message? Like I said, I turned off Group MMS yet I am still receiving messages. Any help would be great!

ask your friend to remove you.

El3ctronics

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2011
NYC

That would basically be the same thing as turning off text messaging. Of course that's not possible. Only way to not get text messages from a person is to have them stop texting you. There is no way for Apple (or any phone manufacturer) to allow you to turn off text messaging on your phone. Even if you turn off group messaging, the texts will still be sent to you as individual messages which would just be MORE annoying as it would create multiple threads.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I had a friend call his carrier and had a certain group of people block. He was able to get messages from us individually and from other group but not the one he blocked. Annoying enough when someone would text into that group we'd get a automated response from his number saying it was blocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.