Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stu00a

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
Like my title says. It's about the software that runs hardware.
Of course hardware specs are important, but how you actually feel, experience the product is more effective.

I had Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4. IPhone 4 lacks its hardware specs compared to GS3. But iPhone 4 doesn't really lag compared to GS3.

On the other hand GS3, even though this machine has better hardware specs, better GPU and stuff, its software doesn't utilize this beasty hardwares. GS3 lags bad.

That's why Apple customer royalty is higher than any other company.

What's your opinion?

DoctorYuyi

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
I don't think you understand the differences between hardware and software.

Hardware is a hard drive. A program can't run a hard drive. That makes no sense.

SeanR1

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2009
Pennsylvania
Of course hardware specs are important, but how you actually feel, experience the product is more effective.

I had Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4. IPhone 4 lacks its hardware specs compared to GS3. But iPhone 4 doesn't really lag compared to GS3.

On the other hand GS3, even though this machine has better hardware specs, better GPU and stuff, its software doesn't utilize this beasty hardwares. GS3 lags bad.

What's your opinion?

If you had a GS3 that was laggy then it was defective. Mine has never lagged.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010

What's your opinion?

Yay!!!

Feel better now?!?

Now let the grown ups do the talking alright?

Rhyalus

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2011
LOL ... you guys are mean.

The OP is saying that we should not judge a devices value by the hardware, but rather we should revel in the softwareness that is Apple. :)

You been nipping at that Kool Aid again, OP?

Seriously though, there is "some" truth to the fact that you can have a great hardware product that does not really come together (Motorola Xoom?). The overall package is important.

That does not make me want to go out and buy one of dem fancy overpriced minis.

R

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.