Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelli227

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Covington, Ga
Hello all!

I am on my second iPhone 5 with AT&T right now. My first one, When I was talking to someone on the phone, they said it sounded like I was in a tin can and they sounded very muffled to me 70% of the time.
Now, My second one acts the same way if I put it on my right shoulder and hold it with my head, like when you are multitasking and need both hands. I am also having a problem when I am talking to someone, I can randomly hear a vibrating noise for just a second, but its loud and comes straight from the the earpiece when my ear is. My first one did the same thing, the random half a second long vibrate noise, but the sound was already so distorted, I didn't bother me too much. It's not strong, like when the phone rings and vibrates and the phone doesn't move, but you can clearly hear a VERY annoying vibrating noise through the ear piece. It is driving me INSANE.

Is anyone else having these same issues?
:confused:

Dukat

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
It may be a blown speaker. My iPhone 4 had that. I didn't notice for 2 days because I always used bluetooth in the car. They swapped it out no questions asked.

jmerrett

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2010
iPhone 5 vibrating through speaker

Yes, we just got 2 new iPhone 5s and they are both making a vibrating noise when on a conversation with someone. 1-2 seconds at a time. Not on all conversations but happens every day. Has anyone determined if this is a hardware or OS problem.

JC!

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2013
iPhone 5 Buzz While talking

Yes, we just got 2 new iPhone 5s and they are both making a vibrating noise when on a conversation with someone. 1-2 seconds at a time. Not on all conversations but happens every day. Has anyone determined if this is a hardware or OS problem.

Yes having the same problem. It occurrs randomly. I was wondering if it has anything to do with the case (I haven't tried the phone without it). I am using a LifeProof case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.