Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mudderz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2011
okay well first i can start out by saying when it started getting all screwy

-it was shutting down randomly and charging didn't fix it. sometimes it would shut off and have black horizontal lines on the screen

i'm on ios 6 tethered jailbreak its 3G s newboot

i've tried holding down the home and power button for along time.. nothing happens not even a chime on my PC-no flash either, atm the screen is just black
nothing shows up at all, if i go to redsn0w and "just boot" -after selecting the ios 6 ipsw it will go threw the process making a chime when entering DFU but when it gets to "waiting for reboot my iphone will stay on a lighted screen
[just backlight] and then shutoff without changing anything on redsn0w stuck at waiting for reboot.

i tried entering pwnd dfu mode and manually selecting a restore ipsw getting an error 1601-deleting gs.apple.com from host didnt help

then i tried just having itunes restore without shift clicking restore and i get error 3194

.. ive searched and searched not having anything help :mad:
Thanks for reading my brick of text and hopefully you can help D:

-forgot to say itunes will not recognize my device unless i go to redsnow enter pwned dfu mode _then itunes will recognize a phone in recovery mode

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.