Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I suggest you place your phone on a slightly bent surface. If it sits perfectly flat on it, then your phone is definitely bent.

HTH.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
You know this is starting to get interesting. With every iPhone release people get more and more paranoid about their device being perfect. I wonder what things will be like when the iPhone 10 comes out. The phone will need to be an implant or people will complain that the black/white isn't black or white enough on the phone.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
You actually had to ask this question? Never considered putting on a flat surface?

You expect someone to think for themselves and critically think a situation? Come on, this is Mac Rumors where any question is safe to be asked. What color phone should I buy? Ask MR. What size should I buy? Ask MR. What case should I buy? Ask MR. Should I return my phone for another color, size? Ask MR.

See the pattern? Many members here can't make ANY life decision without asking the folks here on MR. Sad but that's the way it is.

phillyphill

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
lorton
I suggest you place your phone on a slightly bent surface. If it sits perfectly flat on it, then your phone is definitely bent.

HTH.

:D:p

Attachments

• af3.jpg
    af3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 505

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Serious answers only please. I tried to download a leveler app but it was almost perfect only .3 off so not sure what else to do.

Myiphone7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
My iPhone 5 seriously looks slightly bent. When I put it on a flat surface it could be slightly bent. I was wonder if there's a tester or a kit to see if its perfectly straight.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
My iPhone 5 seriously looks slightly bent. When I put it on a flat surface it could be slightly bent. I was wonder if there's a tester or a kit to see if its perfectly straight.

Sir, based on the information you have provided, I think I can help.

My company develops "iPhone bent tester kits", and I would be happy to provide you with one a 1 time fee of $89.95!

Please send me a PM so I can collect your information. Thanks!

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
Put phone in a vice next to a wall, check that phone and wall is level. Take measurements using a vernier caliper, from wall to first edge of phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.