Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:29 AM   #1
spaceballl
macrumors 68020

Can someone straighten me out on Assassins Creed PS3 / Vita

Hi all,

When the vita version of Asassins Creed 3 was announced, I thought the big feature was that we could pick up the game on our ps3, play, switch to vita when on the road, etc. I also thought I remembered that you would not have to pay for both versions of the game to do this, but I'm searching online and I'm not finding much info confirming this. I'm obviously not going to pay for two copies. Help? Thanks!!
spaceballl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:09 AM   #2
Dagless
macrumors Core

They're two different games with different stories. Some games have cross-buy, cross-saves or whatever they're called, but not AC3. I believe they do connect together and unlock things in each others games too.

I'm planning on picking up both. Starting with the Vita version.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:30 AM   #3
spaceballl
macrumors 68020

Oh... really? what am I missing? Was there some game that was announced that you'd get a free copy of one if you bought the other? I'm really looking forward to those... I travel a lot for work, but I'm also a gamer geek .

In any case, I guess I'll start w/ the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:14 AM   #4
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Yeah.. Playstation All Stars & Sly Cooper if you buy either on PS3 you get the Vita version
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:19 AM   #5
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceballl View Post
Oh... really? what am I missing? Was there some game that was announced that you'd get a free copy of one if you bought the other? I'm really looking forward to those... I travel a lot for work, but I'm also a gamer geek .

In any case, I guess I'll start w/ the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed.
Just a few games are planned so far; http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-version-free/

Plus When Vikings Attack and my game!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:52 PM   #6
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

To be honest, AC3L looks like it should be on everyone's 'to buy' list if you have a Vita.

Thinking about getting a Wii U for chrimbo so will pick AC3 up on that, lovely.
boy-better-know is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:51 AM   #7
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

So did anyone pick either version up today?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:26 PM   #8
2nyRiggz
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to 2nyRiggz
I picked up the vita version today and its an Assassin's Creed game through and through. I've noticed some pop ins and frame rate lag from time to time but its not hindering my experience.

It's fun so far and the female assassin is interesting.

Note: Also picked up Raganorok Odyssey as well but haven't tried it yet...nfs and ACL got me occupied for now.

Bless
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:08 AM   #9
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nyRiggz View Post
I picked up the vita version today and its an Assassin's Creed game through and through. I've noticed some pop ins and frame rate lag from time to time but its not hindering my experience.

It's fun so far and the female assassin is interesting.

Note: Also picked up Raganorok Odyssey as well but haven't tried it yet...nfs and ACL got me occupied for now.

Bless
What are the story missions like?
Are the side quests worth bothering with?
How are the visuals, have you been stunned?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:18 AM   #10
Tsuchiya
macrumors 65816

My Vita battery is too dead for me to try Liberation yet
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:50 PM   #11
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

I've ordered liberation on vita myself. 49.99 in store, 45.00 on PSN and 35 on WOW an online retailer? Seriously I refuse to pay full retail or digital only prices these days..

May get A3 on WiiU dependent on how it stacks up.
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:13 PM   #12
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
I've ordered liberation on vita myself. 49.99 in store, 45.00 on PSN and 35 on WOW an online retailer? Seriously I refuse to pay full retail or digital only prices these days..

I am thinking of buying it on Wii U too.
As for Liberation, I am having a tough time parting with 40 for it at the moment. Though it does look good. Do let us know what you think of it
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:02 AM   #13
Miharu
macrumors 6502

I picked up AC3 on PS3 yesterday. It's funny that the game happens exactly on that day - and has to finish by December 21st, so need to beat the game before that time ^^ This might be a little bit spoilerishy, but I think the "prologue" to the game is way too long... You probably know what I'm talking about.
Miharu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2012, 01:43 PM   #14
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post

I bought it on PSN for Vita at full price. It's my first AC game too, not even sure why I wanted it
But it's ace so far (only an hour in). Just got AC3 for PS3 today because Liberation is so good.
Dagless is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2012, 01:47 PM   #15
2nyRiggz
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to 2nyRiggz
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy-better-know View Post
What are the story missions like?
Are the side quests worth bothering with?
How are the visuals, have you been stunned?
Almost just like the console missions except in liberation you have persona type mission(The player can put on different clothes to hide herself or get into places other persona can't: rich girl, slave girl and assassin) a neat little touch: if youre in your rich girl persona and go into a poor/slave neighborhood youre likely to get robbed

The visuals are great for a handheld game, there are frame rate problems and jags but it will not hinder your experience...its a good(open world I might add) game. My only fault with this game is the audio as it sounds muzzled

Don't go into this game expecting console level graphics because honestly that's ridiculous..IGN seems to like comparing vita games to PS3/X360 games then marking them down because the graphics don't compare...its unprofessional and stupid.

Bless
Old Nov 2, 2012, 02:50 PM   #16
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nyRiggz View Post
Almost just like the console missions except in liberation you have persona type mission(The player can put on different clothes to hide herself or get into places other persona can't: rich girl, slave girl and assassin) a neat little touch: if youre in your rich girl persona and go into a poor/slave neighborhood youre likely to get robbed

The visuals are great for a handheld game, there are frame rate problems and jags but it will not hinder your experience...its a good(open world I might add) game. My only fault with this game is the audio as it sounds muzzled

Don't go into this game expecting console level graphics because honestly that's ridiculous..IGN seems to like comparing vita games to PS3/X360 games then marking them down because the graphics don't compare...its unprofessional and stupid.

Bless
Brilliant. I appreciate your feedback. Sound like i am gonna have to pick this up then.

Now to blow the cob webs off my vita.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games