Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:54 AM   #1
micrors4racer
macrumors 6502

Waking from sleep; ML asks for password twice

I am helping someone diagnose an issue or maybe a feature? When their 2011 macbook air 13 inch boots from deep sleep (which is after a hour correct?) it will display the filevault login screen which doesnt have the normal canvas background and then it will also ask for the password again when it boots this time using the normal wake from sleep screen which displays the darkened desktop background.

Is this normal behavior? Their screen also flashes slightly when waking from deep sleep like its initializing the screen.

These behaviors don't happen in normal sleep like closing the lid and then opening it in less than an hour.
micrors4racer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

That is normal with Filevault2.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:36 AM   #3
mobilebuddha
macrumors regular

sorry to dig up an old thread.. but how can I configure it so that I can continue to use filevault 2 and type in password only once to get back to the desktop? or is that just not possible now?
mobilebuddha is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:49 AM   #4
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilebuddha View Post
sorry to dig up an old thread.. but how can I configure it so that I can continue to use filevault 2 and type in password only once to get back to the desktop? or is that just not possible now?
The answer is above your post, it is normal behaviour and you can't change OS X security.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion