Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Jozii
macrumors newbie

Unhappy How to change app store location?

I have an Iphone from Sweden and all settings are in Swedish. However, for the next six months, I will live and work in Thailand. I made the grave mistake of after I moved here updatibg to IOS 6. Now the app store is set to the Thai store, and I can't reinstall any apps because it says I don't have the rights. Naturally, since it's a phone from Sweden and the store is now set to the Thai version.

I've googled and found out that I can change the regional settings by going to the app store part of the settings menu, and contine to "show apple id". However, this setting is set to Swedish already. What I want to do is to browse the Swedish store, not the Thai one. Any way to change that or am I forever without my beloved Iphone apps until I move back?

I've spent months abroad before and it has never been a problem. My only mistake was that this time I installed the update.
Jozii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:38 AM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozii View Post
I have an Iphone from Sweden and all settings are in Swedish. However, for the next six months, I will live and work in Thailand. I made the grave mistake of after I moved here updatibg to IOS 6. Now the app store is set to the Thai store, and I can't reinstall any apps because it says I don't have the rights. Naturally, since it's a phone from Sweden and the store is now set to the Thai version.

I've googled and found out that I can change the regional settings by going to the app store part of the settings menu, and contine to "show apple id". However, this setting is set to Swedish already. What I want to do is to browse the Swedish store, not the Thai one. Any way to change that or am I forever without my beloved Iphone apps until I move back?

I've spent months abroad before and it has never been a problem. My only mistake was that this time I installed the update.
I've never tried to do this but it appears you can (Apple support article link below):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311

Hope that works for you!
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:05 AM   #3
Jozii
macrumors newbie

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
I've never tried to do this but it appears you can (Apple support article link below):

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1311

Hope that works for you!
Unfortunately not changib the region doesn't change which app sore I use. And in order to be able to use vhe thai store, I need a thai payment method. My credit card is Swedish.

If this is the only solution, it appears I can't use the app store at all
Jozii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:57 AM   #4
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozii View Post
Unfortunately not changib the region doesn't change which app sore I use. And in order to be able to use vhe thai store, I need a thai payment method. My credit card is Swedish.

If this is the only solution, it appears I can't use the app store at all
Perhaps the following link will help (hopefully):

https://discussions.apple.com/message/18299908#18299908

And since you'll be in Thailand for the next 6 months, I'd imagine you'll establish some kind of Thai payment method during that time that will allow you to use the Thai App Store (if not a Thai credit card, perhaps buying an iTunes gift card using cash and redeeming its value from the App Store app).

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting