Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Hello there,

Since I created my Apple ID I always used my hotmail account as email.
Last year when iOS 5 came out I started to use the @me account, so I wanted to replace the hotmail address with the new @me address but it says I can't do that.

Are there any way to do that?

It's so annoying because I use that old hotmail account just for iTunes so I'd like to use my @me account on iTunes as well so I can delete my old hotmail account..

:)

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
There is currently no way to merge AppleIDs like you want, although this has been a much asked for feature.

If you just want to dump hotmail you could change the hotmail AppleID to something else. Go here and click Manage AppleID and change the hotmail one to whatever you want (other than the @me address).

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
There is currently no way to merge AppleIDs like you want, although this has been a much asked for feature.

If you just want to dump hotmail you could change the hotmail AppleID to something else. Go here and click Manage AppleID and change the hotmail one to whatever you want (other than the @me address).

thanks for your answer.

shame that you can't do that.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
What you can do is set the @me address as an alternate email address, via the link Weaselboy posted. You can then use the @me address to log into iTunes or iCloud. This is the same method I use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.