Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 25, 2012, 02:56 PM   #1
nydennis
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Shopdiscover apple store

FYI

Saw this on another forum. If you have use shopdiscover you get 5% cashback at apple store. If you have the promotion for 5% off for the month it stacks with the other 5% cashback. Friday Oct 26 you can sign up for an addition 2%

12% cashback. I'm going to order a Mini. From what I understand I can stack it with my education discount.
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:33 PM   #2
flatfoot99
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Thanks for the tip! So how does this work? Do I have to purchase this through the Discover card website or something?
flatfoot99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:51 PM   #3
nydennis
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot99 View Post
Thanks for the tip! So how does this work? Do I have to purchase this through the Discover card website or something?
If you have a discover card. Log into the site and click on shop discover. Should be able to find the apple store. Make sure your signed up for the 4th quarter promotion as well.
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4
EnJaNir
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 61114
Right now they have two reward promotions going on simply by signing up and using your card.
  1. 5% cash back for online purchases now through Dec 31
  2. 2% cash back bonus on Oct 26
  3. shopdiscover site also provides a 5% cash back bonus

I am not sure if they stack though, it would need to be verified with a customer agent
EnJaNir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:14 PM   #5
flatfoot99
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
wow! 12% back would be nice!
flatfoot99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:39 PM   #6
hugodrax
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I heard you can stack more with a the coupon sites and get paid to buy a new mini.
hugodrax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:40 PM   #7
nydennis
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnJaNir View Post
Right now they have two reward promotions going on simply by signing up and using your card.
  1. 5% cash back for online purchases now through Dec 31
  2. 2% cash back bonus on Oct 26
  3. shopdiscover site also provides a 5% cash back bonus

I am not sure if they stack though, it would need to be verified with a customer agent
Thank you for choosing Discover. A representative will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Kathryn'
Kathryn: Thank you for visiting Discover.com. What questions can I help you with today?
Dennis: Hiya
Dennis: I have a question. If I bought something with my discover card through shop discover. Say the apple store. They give 5% through shopdiscover. Do I also get the 5% for the online promotion as well?
Dennis: So it would be 10%
Kathryn: Hi Dennis! I am so glad you asked! You will receive 10% CashBack Bonus on this charge!
Dennis: and if I wait until tomorrow I'd get 12%?
Kathryn: Correct!
Dennis: Nice. Thanks so much
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:54 PM   #8
flatfoot99
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I guess I'm buying tomorrow!!!
flatfoot99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:06 PM   #9
kobyh15
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Don't tell me that. Haha
kobyh15 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:29 PM   #10
EnJaNir
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 61114
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydennis View Post
Thank you for choosing Discover. A representative will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Kathryn'
Kathryn: Thank you for visiting Discover.com. What questions can I help you with today?
Dennis: Hiya
Dennis: I have a question. If I bought something with my discover card through shop discover. Say the apple store. They give 5% through shopdiscover. Do I also get the 5% for the online promotion as well?
Dennis: So it would be 10%
Kathryn: Hi Dennis! I am so glad you asked! You will receive 10% CashBack Bonus on this charge!
Dennis: and if I wait until tomorrow I'd get 12%?
Kathryn: Correct!
Dennis: Nice. Thanks so much
I was trying to do the same thing but the site was experiencing technical difficulties when I tried. Great looking out for people.
EnJaNir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:34 PM   #11
Trvlngnrs
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I just did the chat on Discover's website:

Rachel: Thank you for visiting Discover.com. What questions can I help you with today?
Steve: Hi Rachel, can I stack the bonuses? 5% for shopping at Apple, 5% for Cashback bonus internet shopping and 2% for Oct 26 = 12% off?
Rachel: Hello Steve! I can definitely understand wanting to know if you can do that! Absolutely, if you did that on the 26th, online through the link, you would earn 12%!
Steve: Great, thank you!! Bye

Guess what I'm doing in the morning!

Thanks OP for the tip!!
Trvlngnrs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:45 PM   #12
calvol
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Does Discover offer 1-year extra warranty like AMEX does?
calvol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:02 AM   #13
nydennis
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvol View Post
Does Discover offer 1-year extra warranty like AMEX does?
Extended Product Warranty

Eligible Discover® Cardmembers automatically receive Extended Product Warranty protection for covered purchases. This insurance will double the original U.S. Manufacturer's Warranty up to one additional year on warranties of 36 months or less. Extended Product Warranty is an Extended Warranty insurance policy underwritten by Federal Insurance Company Policy # 9906-52-20 (the “Policy”). Keep this coverage description for your records.

We will duplicate the time period of the original U.S. Manufacturer Warranty and any Purchased Warranty on an Insured Person's Covered Purchase, up to a maximum of 12 months. If a U.S. Manufacturer Warranty or a Purchased Warranty is made up of multiple components, We will duplicate the time period of each component. If the total time period for the U.S. Manufacturer Warranty and the Purchased Warranty is greater than 36 months there is no coverage under this Policy. In no event will the total time period for all warranties, including this Policy, exceed 48 months.
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:46 AM   #14
nydennis
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Ordered my Mini. Ordered applecare as well. Ordered the 2.6 quad, and Applecare.
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:32 AM   #15
Nadesico
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
This is confusing for me.

When in my account home on the right their is a shop Discover icon under my Cashback bonus area.

If I click "see retailers" next to shop Discover and click "Apple store" under the select a retailer bar I see the Apple store and it says "Earn 5% Cashback Bonus
when you shop on Apple Store" and underneath is a button that says "start shopping"

But if I click it I t a message that I am "leaving shop Discover"

Does that mean I won't get credit and did something wrong or is that normal and I can just select the mini on Apples site, toss it in a cart and purchase it?
Nadesico is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:39 AM   #16
calvol
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydennis View Post
Extended Product Warranty
Eligible Discover® Cardmembers automatically receive Extended Product Warranty protection for covered purchases. This insurance will double the original U.S. Manufacturer's Warranty up to one additional year on warranties of 36 months or less.
Thanks nydennis, going to get a Discover Card today!
calvol is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:50 AM   #17
nydennis
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadesico View Post
This is confusing for me.

When in my account home on the right their is a shop Discover icon under my Cashback bonus area.

If I click "see retailers" next to shop Discover and click "Apple store" under the select a retailer bar I see the Apple store and it says "Earn 5% Cashback Bonus
when you shop on Apple Store" and underneath is a button that says "start shopping"

But if I click it I t a message that I am "leaving shop Discover"

Does that mean I won't get credit and did something wrong or is that normal and I can just select the mini on Apples site, toss it in a cart and purchase it?
if you click through the link on the shopdiscover it opens up an apple site. That keeps track of you on the apple store. Just don't close the new apple store window it pops up
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:53 AM   #18
flatfoot99
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Ordered!!!

Thanks Dennis!!!

FYI... You have to sign up to get that extra 2% off today only deal. Does NOT happen automatically.

When it sent me to the apple website, it automatically purchased it when I used my apple id. My discover card is used for my apple id. Do you think I will have a problem?
flatfoot99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:45 PM   #19
Nadesico
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot99 View Post
Ordered!!!

Thanks Dennis!!!

FYI... You have to sign up to get that extra 2% off today only deal. Does NOT happen automatically.

When it sent me to the apple website, it automatically purchased it when I used my apple id. My discover card is used for my apple id. Do you think I will have a problem?
Hopefully not, it did the same for me.

Shop discover>apple>clicked the mini I wanted>asked for my apple id>and when I put it in it (my discover card info) was already there.
Nadesico is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:39 PM   #20
MetzoPaino
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
I don't suppose this works for UK users and the UK Apple store?
MetzoPaino is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:45 PM   #21
KylePowers
macrumors 68000
 
KylePowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Knowing this makes me want to buy something. But I have no need for anything =( #FirstWorldProblems
KylePowers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:45 PM   #22
flatfoot99
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
any way to confirm if we got the deal or do we have to wait til the next billing period.
flatfoot99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:05 AM   #23
nydennis
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot99 View Post
any way to confirm if we got the deal or do we have to wait til the next billing period.
Discover said you have to wait until the merchant sends the info to them. Should be a week. IF for some reason something got screwed up at the very least you would get 7% Cashback. I've received over a 1000 dollars in cashback over the past year. They were always quick to resolve anything if it came up.

I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday. Ordered the samsung 256 SSD 830 series. I know 840 is out but I didn't want to spend the extra money. I ordered 16GB ram.
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 05:51 PM   #24
flatfoot99
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nydennis View Post
Discover said you have to wait until the merchant sends the info to them. Should be a week. IF for some reason something got screwed up at the very least you would get 7% Cashback. I've received over a 1000 dollars in cashback over the past year. They were always quick to resolve anything if it came up.

I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday. Ordered the samsung 256 SSD 830 series. I know 840 is out but I didn't want to spend the extra money. I ordered 16GB ram.
apple charged me yesterday already! shipped a fully loaded mid Mac last night from china too!
flatfoot99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 07:36 PM   #25
nydennis
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot99 View Post
apple charged me yesterday already! shipped a fully loaded mid Mac last night from china too!
Great, I spoke with Discover and they said it could take a week or two for the company (Apple) to report the sale to them. They told me to check back then to see if the Merchant reported the sale.
__________________
2011 Mac Mini, 2008 Macbook Pro, Ipad Classic, Ipad 2, Iphone 4s, Apple Thunderbolt Display
nydennis is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac mini

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One Hour Drive to Apple Store to Buy iPhone vs. Nearby Verizon Store? LaurieAnn iPhone 10 Dec 8, 2013 10:12 AM
Apple Halts In-Store Pickup Option for iPhone 5s Orders in Online Store MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 61 Oct 26, 2013 11:15 AM
Apple Store App, safer/faster to ship to business, or pick up in store? spinedoc77 iPhone 5 Sep 19, 2013 08:49 PM
'Apple Store' iOS App Update Coming Tuesday with Free iTunes Store, App Store, and iBookstore Deals MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 77 Jul 31, 2013 03:48 AM
Alleged Apple eBay Store Offers Better Deals than Apple Refurb Store MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 80 Jun 10, 2013 03:59 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC