Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christian 5G

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Orange County, CA
I like both.. Black and white.

Black looks awesome just this beautiful back...

White- you cant teally see the thumb prints, scratches so this is really good.

So.... To get one that looks good or the one that last longer?

pre-odering is in less then 12 hours...

Plz help.

Last edited:

ME Nick

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Colorado
I wish you could get the black back, and the white front bezel.
But I will be ordering the black.
It's so stealthy, and I already have a white iPhone5.

iSheep89

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2012
Texas
White because of the fingerprints on the back, my slate iphone 5 shows a lot. If you have a case then it doesn't matter about that, regardless I'm getting the white.

G-Mo

macrumors 6502
Nov 6, 2010
Auckland, NZ
Order both and put the bezel from the black one on to the back of the white one. Then visa versa and sell the other...

(Seriously, I am considering doing this!)

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I like both.. Black and white.

Black looks awesome just this beautiful back...

White- you cant teally see the thumb prints, scratches so this is really good.

So.... To get one that looks good or the one that last longer?

pre prderong is in less then 12 hours...

Plz help.

Yesterday I might have laughed at this essentially sweet plea for help. Today I'm in the same boat, actually! I thought I wanted the black but now I don't really know. The clock ticks on. It's fun being this silly once in awhile but I hope I recover pretty soon, I have chores to do and all I can think about is black or white, black or white, case, no case, how much of a klutz am i really, what about the red cover... ai ai ai.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Yesterday I might have laughed at this essentially sweet plea for help. Today I'm in the same boat, actually! I thought I wanted the black but now I don't really know. The clock ticks on. It's fun being this silly once in awhile but I hope I recover pretty soon, I have chores to do and all I can think about is black or white, black or white, case, no case, how much of a klutz am i really, what about the red cover... ai ai ai.

Same boat.

I keep telling myself I'll get the white, to match my i5, it looks the more expensive, doesn't get fingerprints and doesn't seem to have the black scuff problems in iPhone size. I think it probably would be the same in Mini size as well.

So why does a little voice keep saying "go different, get black"?

Still haven't decided on 16 or 32 either.

Karr271

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
My iPhone 5 is my first white iPhone (all my others were black). I've had 3 iPads (white, black, white) and now I'm not sure if I should get a white iPad mini to match my white iPhone 5 or get a black mini to finish the pattern.

cperry2

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
Black, I think, with the expectation that an all-black exterior will enhance the effect of disappearing into one's hand.

There's something to be said for watching video with black borders too (remember there will be letterboxing on this one).

Reading in bed too - less contrasty, especially on apps that have "nightmode" with white text on a black background.

Scratches? It will be protected or in my hand 95% of the time. It will get scratched, I won't care, the world goes on.

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
White for me. Have a black iPhone 5 and a white ipad 3. I don't use cases and will be taking the mini to work everyday so having a look at the back of my current devices, the white/silver will probably hold up better over time. The white bezel is also very classy.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
There's a reason why the bezels on the MacBook Pro, Cinema Display, and iMac are black

Makes the content pop off the screen

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
Agree with Ben. I really like the slate back of the black.

Plus I plan on only using the mini for photos, comics and books. Things just "pop" more with the black. White washes certain things out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.