Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Closed Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:53 PM   #1
dxm113
macrumors member

Good 3-button Mouse for Design?

I have recently acquired some design programs such as Photoshop and Blender.

I have a "new" rev. C PB, but no mouse . . .

Any recommendations for a good multi-button mouse for design, that won't break the bank?

thanks in advance for any recommendations!
dxm113 is offline   0
Old Sep 6, 2005, 03:52 PM   #2
tobefirst
macrumors 68040

I have a Logitech MX 700 at work and an MX 900 at home. I love the way this mouse feels. I'd go with anything in this line of mice...from the corded one, all the way up to the laser one. That way, you can decide how much you want to spend.
tobefirst is offline   0
Old Sep 24, 2005, 06:06 PM   #3
ammon
macrumors regular

I don't mind the corded so I use the Logitech MX310. It is fairly inexpensive but very accurate.
ammon is offline   0
Old Sep 24, 2005, 06:09 PM   #4
dornoforpyros
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to dornoforpyros Send a message via MSN to dornoforpyros
I dig my m$ wireless mouse. The only downside (besides the M$ logo of course) is the weight of the batteries in the mouse, doesn't really matter for a desktop but if your shoving it into a laptop bag.
Old Sep 25, 2005, 05:16 AM   #5
mcadam
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to mcadam
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammon
I don't mind the corded so I use the Logitech MX310. It is fairly inexpensive but very accurate.
I have that one too and am very happy about it. On the other hand tried thye mighty mouse for the first time yesterday - and if you need just 3 it is extremely nice...scrollball...mmmmmm....

I do like the xtra functionality of 6 buttons: arrow back and forward, switch app...

A
Old Sep 29, 2005, 09:36 AM   #6
_bnkr612
macrumors 6502a

Kensington Studio Pro is all you will ever need in a mouse.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 09:45 AM   #7
devilot
Moderator emeritus

I'm not too sure what entails a good mouse for design and graphics purposes-- but I'll assume pointer accuracy and whatnot; in that case, I'll pass on the advice of my gamer friend who is fiendish about his gear-- He uses Logitech's MX510 (a link to purchase from CompUSA) but if you hunt around a bit, you can find it for a good deal less. I've used it and even for my smaller hand (and my bf's quite large hands) it is very comfortable.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 09:51 AM   #8
_bnkr612
macrumors 6502a

Too many buttons is unnecessary. The Mighty Mouse is on the elevator going down to the basement where the Newton, Hockey Puck Mouse and the Cube reside.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 09:53 AM   #9
devilot
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bnkr612
he Mighty Mouse is on the elevator going down to the basement where the Newton, Hockey Puck Mouse and the Cube reside.
Gasp! How tragic! That poor Cube, perhaps I should rescue it from the dark depths of that dungeon?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:12 AM   #10
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

I like my free button mouse...

Apple Pro Mouse

Can do a full and speedy day's work in Quark and Adobe CS without any mousebite.

Alt, command, option... keyboard shortcuts: the quickest way to work.
Blue Velvet is offline   0
Old Sep 29, 2005, 12:39 PM   #11
narco
macrumors 65816

I bought the mighty mouse for one reason: scroll wheel.

It really does make my life easier, but while still using the one button form that I'm used to. Like Blue Velvet, I mostly use keyboard commands which makes things flow a lot quicker -- it also REALLY impresses people and makes you look like a total robot.

I programmed my mighty mouse to use the scroll button to trigger Expose, which works wonderfully. I never liked pushing a key to activate it, so this is much easier and has streamlined my operation quite a bit.

But the mighty mouse does need a lot of work before it's perfect. If you go in the Peripherals section of the forums, you can read about all the problems I had with it.

Fishes,
narco
narco is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics