Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2011
Looking for a task manager or a todo list that allows sub task, all with date and time settings along with repeat on a set schedule like daily, weekly, bi weekly and monthly. I'm using task pro now but it has issues with sub task not maintaining the next due date. It also needs to have an alarm for when task are due so this eliminates "Things".

I'm not looking for the most advanced thing out but need the above features, don't care to pay if it works.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Looking for a task manager or a todo list that allows sub task, all with date and time settings along with repeat on a set schedule like daily, weekly, bi weekly and monthly. I'm using task pro now but it has issues with sub task not maintaining the next due date. It also needs to have an alarm for when task are due so this eliminates "Things".

I'm not looking for the most advanced thing out but need the above features, don't care to pay if it works.

Appigo's Todo is the best I've been able to find over the years. It's a bit pricey but well worth it.

It gives you the option for repeating task customizable with x number of days, weeks, months, etc. The "project" option would cover your need for sub tasks. Alerts are customizable and you also get the luxury of location based reminders, although in my experience they've been a little unreliable.

SunnyStudioNeo

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2011
You can try Asana, it's a light weight task manager; best thing is it's cross platform. I use it when developing my apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.