Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have Sprint and am wondering if I am able to pay a couple hundred dollars over my bill, like about enough to cover the next couple of months, would they just credit the account that amount and I won't have to worry about the bill for a while- as long as I keep under the limits of my plan?

I have done that for one month already and this month it says I owe negative $90. Though I wonder if they would get suspicious if they see negative $400.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Why don't you call and ask?

Wouldn't that be a little like giving the fox the keys to the hen house? :D "Here, take this big ol' pile of money." :D

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
They never had a problem when I did it. I did it to basically pre-pay, before traveling internationally, so I wouldn't just have a huge bill hit, when I got back.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I have Sprint and am wondering if I am able to pay a couple hundred dollars over my bill, like about enough to cover the next couple of months, would they just credit the account that amount and I won't have to worry about the bill for a while- as long as I keep under the limits of my plan?

I have done that for one month already and this month it says I owe negative $90. Though I wonder if they would get suspicious if they see negative $400.

Yes, I dont see why not.
You will just have a credit on your account and every months bill they will subtract from that credit untill its used up and you owe another payment.
Why would they get suspicious, you're sending them extra money and basicly paying them ahead.
They'll be happy not suspicious:D

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Yes, I dont see why not.
You will just have a credit on your account and every months bill they will subtract from that credit untill its used up and you owe another payment.
Why would they get suspicious, you're sending them extra money and basicly paying them ahead.
They'll be happy not suspicious:D

AT&T always seemed to have a problem when I did this and just sent me a check back in the mail of what I paid over instead...I am hoping Sprint won't do this and just keep the money so I don't have to worry about the bill for awhile.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I have AT&T and that's why I suggested calling. The one time that I had a large credit because of an error on their part (an overbilling which I paid) they sent me a check rather than applying the credit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.