Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I have a 64gb Verizon cellular IP3. I didn't feel I could get a good trade in so I am keeping it. Saw that the black mini was available at 5:15 am this morning, so I ordered it. I just want to be part of the excitement. I know, get a life.

I am also getting a Parrot helicopter from apple for Christmas. It is controllable from an Ipad. The smaller mini will make it easier. Am I stretching a little?

Last edited:

bruceclay85

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I have a 64gb Verizon cellular IP3. I didn't feel I could get a good trade in so I am keeping it. Saw that the black mini was available at 5:15 am this morning, so I ordered it. I just want to be part of the excitement. I know, get a life.

I'm right there with you. I was an early adopter of the iPad 3 and I got pretty well screwed by that. I would really like that new hotness processor and lighting port, but I can't justify selling low and paying extra, so I got an iPad mini instead. :)

arcangel6

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Wisconsin

Me too!

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I thought about it, but I have n unlimited data plan I intend to transfer to the mini. I may pickup an iPad 4 if the mini doesn't cut it. But it's so thin and light I am guessing I'm going to use it a lot more and not look back...

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE

I am also getting a Parrot helicopter from apple for Christmas. It is controllable from an Ipad. The smaller mini will make it easier. Am I stretching a little?

Dude the mini is gonna be so sweet with the ad drone I never even thought about it I use the iphone now cause I don't like having the ipad it feels to big for a controller so I let my friends use it to fly the 1st gen drone while I use the phone for the 2nd gen drone

Your gonna love your drone....don't freak when you take your first spill the drones can take a beating for the most part , they have to drop like just right to break....

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
once you have seen retina iPad, you literally have seen a God. There's no comparison; you're gonna be like, why is this ipad mini screen so lame?

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Since the black is still available, I just ordered a 16GB. I'll be keeping my 32GB iPad 3. The included 12W charger and Lightning cable helped justify it :confused:;) I was going to buy that 12W charger and an extra cable for my iPhone anyway, so that's $38 "saved" LOL.

It'd be so nice if my iPad 3 is also Lightning, so I can lose the 30-pin cables I have all over the place. But I'm not doing it.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I do. They just work.

whoa... there would be some serious overlapping of functionality for me if I had all of those.... I havent even purchased an iPad because I feel like my iphone-Macbook Pro combination is enough...... But thats why there are choices right? cause different people have different needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.