Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
ETA 2/11. Managed to sell my ipad 3 for £310 on ebay too. :)

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
I see all colours and sizes are still available for delivery on the 2nd.

Doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it, it'll probably be possible to just walk in and buy one on release day. The Mini seems to be taking all the demand.

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I see all colours and sizes are still available for delivery on the 2nd.

Doesn't seem to be a huge demand for it, it'll probably be possible to just walk in and buy one on release day. The Mini seems to be taking all the demand.

You're probably right, and knowing my luck the bloody thing won't arrive on friday!

----------

In fact you inspired me. I've cancelled the order and will try my luck on Friday walking into the store. :)

clukas

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
I just got the white iPad 4, which will be my first white iOS device. Hope i made the right choice.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
I cant decide whether to get a mini or new ipad. I dont need the posh screen or processor, but it seems counter productive to buy one with an already out of date chip and screen.

I only really use it in the house for airplay and magazines, and when I go on holiday for films and magazines and news etc. But my iPad 1 is getting a bit sluggish with newstand.

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
I couldn't help but feel a little annoyed that my 3rd generation iPad was so quickly outdated, but I went for it anyway and ordered a 4th generation this morning. I decided to go for black 32GB this time, having had white on the previous 2 occasions. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary but still looking forward to it all the same. :)

token787

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
I cant decide whether to get a mini or new ipad. I dont need the posh screen or processor, but it seems counter productive to buy one with an already out of date chip and screen.

I only really use it in the house for airplay and magazines, and when I go on holiday for films and magazines and news etc. But my iPad 1 is getting a bit sluggish with newstand.

Well if that's all your doing with it, have you thought about buying a refurb 2 or 3?

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Well if that's all your doing with it, have you thought about buying a refurb 2 or 3?

I thought about buying a refurb too.

I have got a few apps that are quite processor intsenive music apps that just dont run too well on the ipad 1 which I'd like to start using more (rebirth, meta.dj, reactable mobile etc), so im thinking the A6X processor is a bit more 'future proof' iykwim...... But day to day its mainly magazines and airplay.

~~Hello~~

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2007
I'm disappointed that i can't reserve one for pickup. I can't preorder as I had took my ipad 3 back this week and got they money refunded onto a giftcard. :(

token787

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
I thought about buying a refurb too.

I have got a few apps that are quite processor intsenive music apps that just dont run too well on the ipad 1 which I'd like to start using more (rebirth, meta.dj, reactable mobile etc), so im thinking the A6X processor is a bit more 'future proof' iykwim...... But day to day its mainly magazines and airplay.

I can understand why not the Ipad 1, but the 3 should do.

hobx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Ugh! Unfortunately I cancelled my order a couple of times, not realising that each time it was deducting the money from my account, and not returning it when I cancelled. I suspect its my rubbish bank RBS rather than Apples fault, but I have to wait 2 - 3 working days and am 800 quid out of pocket. :confused:

Guess I'll definitely be trying to walk in on Friday now....

nstb

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Upgrading from a 1st Gen to a 4th Gen. Got the education discount - but it was only £12 in the end. Nothing to sniff at, but thought it would be more like 10%.

Excited :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.