Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdiamond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
I have a *lot* of cool desktop images that I rotate through with the standard Mac rotate settings. Often, I accidentally skip over a bunch of cool images when trying to FF over a not as cool image. What I'd desperately like to do is be able to say "OK, start with THIS image and rotate from there."

There's tons of articles on how to change your desktop image to X, but that's not what I'm looking for. There's also examples of using command line arguments and Applescript to modify the System Preferences, but (1) I wasn't expert enough to successfully modify the examples, and (2) they still don't influence which is the "current" desktop image in a rotating image set.

If anyone knows any way to influence the "current" desktop image in a rotating set, I would be so grateful. As a bonus, it would also be cool if I could set the rotation speed to be different than one of the preset options, e.g., "every 4 hours".

Thanks everyone,
- Jeff

BeaufortTIFF

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2013
Actually, many current image program can rotate the desktop images, you just need to search onlin you can find such kind of image software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.