Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
I really want to have an idea how the iPad mini screen looks when it comes to pixels being visible. So I need someone to answer this.

Whats the PPI for the MacBook Air 11" 2011? I read the iPad mini has 162.

I owned a iPad 3 and I own a iPhone 5, my MacBook Air isnt retina but the screen doesnt bother me at all, so I figured hey if my Macbook looks 100% fine to me then the iPad Mini should too if its close to the same PPI.

Last edited:

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
11" is 135. 13" is 128.

Bear in mind that you'll hold the Mini closer than the a
Air so it may look about the same or slightly worse depending on the size of the text you're viewing.

ckurt25

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Michigan, USA
It also depends on how good your eyes are, lol.

I'm 40 and am getting closer and closer to the day I'll need reading glasses. When the iPad 3 came out I saw it side by side with an iPad 2 and didn't see much of a difference. I do know that the screen on my iPhone 5 is the best screen I've ever seen. All things being equal, I'd rather have a retina than not but will happily wait til the next version of the mini to get retina and give my the original mini to my daughter.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
It also depends on how good your eyes are, lol.

I'm 40 and am getting closer and closer to the day I'll need reading glasses. When the iPad 3 came out I saw it side by side with an iPad 2 and didn't see much of a difference. I do know that the screen on my iPhone 5 is the best screen I've ever seen. All things being equal, I'd rather have a retina than not but will happily wait til the next version of the mini to get retina and give my the original mini to my daughter.

My eyes are not so good. I've needed glasses since I was 14 even tho I never wear them. I'm almost 20 now and I still don't.. So I shall be good. You remind me of my dad, he is in his 40s and he uses "lol" lol!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.