Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazza67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Hi All
first post on this from so will try to cover all but please reply if I missed something.

I am running iTunes 10 (10.7.0.21) latest version I think.

I have just added the pink album (truth about love) to iTunes and all is ok with the import but if I search for pink in the search bar top right I only get older tracks by her in the returned results, if I search the word "truth" from the title it returns the whole album and in the artist field and the album artist field it says "Pink" I don't understand why when searching "pink" I don't get the new album returned I have tried searching "all" and just "artist".

Anyone had this before? or know a fix? I assume this is happening on others too but have tried a few names and they seem to be ok.

cheers

Darren

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I am running iTunes 10 (10.7.0.21) latest version I think.

I have just added the pink album (truth about love) to iTunes and all is ok with the import but if I search for pink in the search bar top right I only get older tracks by her in the returned results, if I search the word "truth" from the title it returns the whole album and in the artist field and the album artist field it says "Pink" I don't understand why when searching "pink" I don't get the new album returned I have tried searching "all" and just "artist".

Try quitting and relaunching iTunes. Make sure you're searching your whole library, and not just within a playlist. It's also possible your iTunes library could be corrupt.

dazza67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Try quitting and relaunching iTunes. Make sure you're searching your whole library, and not just within a playlist. It's also possible your iTunes library could be corrupt.

Thanks for the reply, I have tried restarting iTunes and the PC I actually put the album into iTunes about a week ago and this problem has been there since I imported the album.

I am definitely searching within the whole library not just a playlist.

if I have a corrupt library what is the best course of action?

Thanks

Darren

dazza67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
You could try removing and re-adding the album first. If that doesn't help:

iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

OK tried this, removed and re added over and over with no success then just while contemplating re-creating my iTunes library I try looking for the pink folder within the iTunes folder and cant find it, I search for it in the iTunes folder and the computer cant find it. I then find it in iTunes programme and open the folder from iTunes itself and there it is "THE ANSWER" its not named "pink" but "p!nk" I go back to iTunes and search "p!nk" with a ! instead of an i and it finds the all the albums I have imported recently.

Easy hey!!

Cheers for the replys guys.

Darren

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.