Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dragonev

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2011
UK
Hi guys,
Planning to sell my current MBP 13" bought in June 2011. I tried eBay but it seems no one is much interested. Probably I am asking too much. My specs are i7 2.7Ghz, 128Gb SSD and 4Gb RAM. Extended warranty for another 1.5 years. I am in the UK but would appreciate price suggestions from elsewhere.

P.s. This topic is a question, not a sale attempt.

RussellJones

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2012
i would guess around £700-800, with those upgrades, dependent on condition. try facebook, you would be surprised how well that works, if you only have close friends on their, ask a friend or relative who you know has plenty of friends, someone is usually looking for a new computer.

dragonev

macrumors member
Original poster
May 28, 2011
UK
i would guess around £700-800, with those upgrades, dependent on condition. try facebook, you would be surprised how well that works, if you only have close friends on their, ask a friend or relative who you know has plenty of friends, someone is usually looking for a new computer.

Tried already, one of my friends called me back on it, but then opted out.

P.s. I saw you have a 15" rMBP. I am actually switching to it and was wondering whether 8Gb RAM is enough (although it should be plenty for my tasks)?

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Hi guys,
Planning to sell my current MBP 13" bought in June 2011. I tried eBay but it seems no one is much interested. Probably I am asking too much. My specs are i7 2.7Ghz, 128Gb SSD and 4Gb RAM. Extended warranty for another 1.5 years. I am in the UK but would appreciate price suggestions from elsewhere.

P.s. This topic is a question, not a sale attempt.

Eh, you would have had better luck before last Tuesday....:eek:

RussellJones

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2012
Tried already, one of my friends called me back on it, but then opted out.

P.s. I saw you have a 15" rMBP. I am actually switching to it and was wondering whether 8Gb RAM is enough (although it should be plenty for my tasks)?

what are your tasks? 8gb should be fine for most people, although i wasnt sure myself. have a read of this

"The question of whether or not you should opt for the 16GB memory upgrade really depends on what you do with the system and how long you expect to use it. Without any form of socketed memory expansion, you’re stuck with the amount of memory you order on the system. Thankfully 8GB is healthy by today’s standards and likely will continue to be so for the next couple of years. If your present day workloads require 8GB of memory, then the 16GB option is a must have. If you’re looking at 16GB purely as future-proofing, chances are you’ll run into processor (or storage) limitations before you feel held back by memory. That being said, if you want to be kind to the next owner, ticking the 16GB box won’t hurt."

from a reviewer site AnandTech, the full review is here http://www.anandtech.com/show/6023/the-nextgen-macbook-pro-with-retina-display-review , read it if you have an hours its a about 10 pages long, so i feel that he has pretty good idea and this si useful advice

In reply to poster above me, he still has a very good chance, retinas are a fairly big investment in the uk and many people wont want to pay such a premium

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.