Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Artful Dodger
macrumors 68020

Preferences changed after FCPX update

Not sure if this is what would be normal however all my prefs changed after this last update for FCPX. Did this happen to anyone else?

The odd part is this also happened updating Aperture 3 with that update to the point "ALL" my plug-in's needed the pass keys typed back in. Not sure if anyone had this happen with their plug-in's on FCPX as well?

I'm still running Lion and maybe going to ML this weekend after a full backup, maybe
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:01 PM   #2
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

My update of FCP-X was with ML. So on my part no problems. I think Lion is feeling the pace?
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:52 PM   #3
floh
macrumors 6502

It's not Lion, at least that's not the only reason. I am running on Lion and just upgraded and all my preferences were kept.

So something else has to be going on on your system... Maybe try to repair the permissions on your volume? This sounds suspiciously like the permission in your prefs-folder mmight be messed up...
floh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Artful Dodger
macrumors 68020

Thanks to both as this afternoon I'll be doing the fix & repair permissions and here is hoping it fixes the Aperture issue as well. Pain in the ass as all my plug-in's for Aperture had to have the key codes put back in like the day I bought all of them. Weird as this is the first time anything like this has happened since buying my first Mac which is saying something in my opinion

I'll see also if anything else changed as I found a few questions on the net where the folders were set back to the boot drive from a scratch disc. I guess having the SSD and a HDD on my iMac is great but like mentioned I found a few where this changed on them placing everything back on the main drive, I'll check that out in a bit on mine.

Thanks again

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video