Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kamazaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Cincinnati
If you go to apple.com/retail/iPhone between 10 PM and 4 AM local time, you can check your local apple store's stock by clicking buy now, putting in your carrier info, and adding the phone to your cart. If your local apple store has it, you can pick it up next day. If they don't, cancel and try again the next daafter 10.

I got tired of waiting and cancelled my order through AT&T. I used the apple retail store next day pick up and ordered an iPhone 5 last night. About to go pick it up now

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
I tried. Here in Southern California, I think they sell out every day and the option to pick up in the store is never highlighted because they never have any in stock at any of the 15 or so stores they list as an option to pick up from.

ScottJ

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
SoCal
I tried. Here in Southern California, I think they sell out every day and the option to pick up in the store is never highlighted because they never have any in stock at any of the 15 or so stores they list as an option to pick up from.

This definitely depends on the carrier and phone model you're looking for. Last night, l checked for a 32gb white AT&T iPhone 5 about 10 minutes after 10, and there was stock in a number of stores ranging from Santa Barbara to Orange County.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.