Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Louisville, KY
I'm having trouble syncing my iPod classic. I purchased the iPod in 06/2010 and I'm trying to sink it using iTunes 10.7 on my late-2010 Macbook running Mac OS X (10.6.8). The software on the iPod is up to date (2.0.4).

Here is a screenshot of what's been happening when I try to sync. This will occur after a few minutes of the pinwheel going around and around and iTunes freezing up.

I also cannot restore my iPod. Here's what happens when I try to do that (similar error message). However, for the first time today the bar at the bottom of the iTunes screen is now blue and yellow instead of just yellow and says I'm over capacity by 65 GB--which isn't true.

Any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Try a different USB cable or a different machine. If neither of those fix it, the hard drive may be failing.

Chris92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
Louisville, KY
Try a different USB cable or a different machine. If neither of those fix it, the hard drive may be failing.

I have tried a different cable, but unfortunately I can't try a different machine as it's formatted for Mac and I don't have access to another computer that's a Mac right now.

If that is the case and the hard drive is failing, what should I do? Throw in the towel and purchase a new one? Try to get it repaired?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If your goal is to get it restored, a Windows box will work. It'll be Windows formatted, but it'll work and you can sync it back with your Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.